Did you mean: 

Upgrade offer

NS1998
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I got a call from 0344 826 0202, they informed me that they were looking to wipe my contract clean and upgrade me to an iPhone 11 on a cheaper contract deal.

It was something to do with my contract being with Carphone Warehouse and that they were looking to put me on a O2 contract.

They offered no upfront costs and when they call me back they'll send a link for me to accept the deal. 

I'm just wondering if this is a scam or real.

Any help would be much appreicated 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

paul02
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do you know who I would speak to about that? I tried talking to o2 upgrade team but they said they weren't
Message 11 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@paul02 

I've tagged out community team already.

One of them will message you later to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 21

paul02
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to seem persistant and annoying, just don't want to miss out on the buy-out deal if at all possible?

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @LukasB any help would be greatly appreciated?

Message 13 of 21

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @paul02 sorry let me check how and I will get back to you.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 21

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @paul02 so there is no direct line to this or an email but I double checked and if you click on the facebook or twitter link below and mention the specific deal you were called about and our sales team will be able to check into it.

SideButton_New.png Message us on Facebook Messenger Message us on Twitter

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 15 of 21

paul02
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, @LukasB . 

I'm trying FB now. Have to admit I tried twitter a few days back and they said there was no such offer despite me having been offered it a couple days before. They were saying that I still have to pay the remaining difference on my account for the early upgrade

Message 16 of 21

paul02
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@LukasB Chatted to o2 on FB and they are saying that the offer of o2 buying out my existing Carphone Warehouse contract is no longer available and not something they can offer to me despite me having the call about it only a few days back. Not sure what else to do to get the offer that was put to me.

Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123027 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@LukasB 

We do need clarification on this. I thought this offer was over, until @Marjo confirmed a week or so ago, that it was still current.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

paul02
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got off the phone with o2 off the back of our FB conversation and the offer is not being honoured. Apparently the offer I was given was a 'speedy o2 refresh' that used to be 12 months they would pay off but is now 6 months, which I'm not eligble for until January 2021. Gutted that I missed out on such an offer. I wish I had gone ahead with the deal when put to me on Saturday, but I didn't know what phone I wanted at the time and they didn't call me back as they said they would.

I'll have to hope that the same outbound team call me back at some point...

Message 19 of 21

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@paul02 @Cleoriff I just had a call regarding this. I am afraid that this particular offer is no longer available. Those deals change all the time and are only available for a limited time. But there is always a new deal around the corner. Really sorry about this. As for the CPW deals - there is no universal deal for those contracts. It all depends what contract you had before. 

signature

Message 20 of 21