cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Phone: What a Trial!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else had problems getting their phone unlocked? It's an O2 phone and I want it unlocked to sell on, that's all.

I first asked for this and was told via an adviser on line, it would be 3 days, well 3 days came and went. Checked again, was told 10 days, and would be done on the 21st. Guess what? 21st came and went, even though I contacted an advisor on the evening of the 21st. "will be done by tonight Sir".

Well, no it wasn't. Checked again on the 22nd, will take 3 days sir. I said that will make it Sunday, will that happen on a weekend?  Was told it will happen yes. Have copied and pasted into Word my last few on line chats so I have a record in case I'm making a mistake or misunderstanding, but still, nothing. And today is the 26th and still no contact. Is this the norm? And I do have some £23 on my account so that isn't an issue.

Thanks all, sorry about the rant!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, may be all sorted! I hope.... I discovered £15 has been taken from my balance, so I'm awaiting an email. But it has taken a lot more than 3 days. Hopefully, all's well that ends...:-)
Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I've always used the unlocking form and never had any problems in the past.... Usually takes 2-3 days https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I understand, so what's going wrong here? Really is lousy service, different advisers tell me different things.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I've no idea, sorry.... Have you filled out the form?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not sure what has gone wrong in your case but I've never had a problem and unlocked quite a few phones using the unlocking form.

Maybe you should start again by filling in the form?

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, may be all sorted! I hope.... I discovered £15 has been taken from my balance, so I'm awaiting an email. But it has taken a lot more than 3 days. Hopefully, all's well that ends...:-)
Thanks
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I am in for a long wait. I have already paid for my phone in full so I guess I will never get it unlocked as there is not money for them now!!

Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like I am in for a long wait. I have already paid for my phone in full so I guess I will never get it unlocked as there is not money for them now!!

This thread is a year old and may not apply to the situation now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8