cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own domain outbound email not working over mobile network

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my own domain name for email which works perfectly over wifi but not over mobile networks. I have tried every port under the sun, both unsecure and TLS.

I tried using smtp.o2.co.uk (outbound only) with account name the email address registered on my o2 account, my phone number, my account number and the password for 'my o2' but none of these authenticate. I notice that o2 stopped email accounts to non-broadband customers a few days ago so assume I am unable to use their SMTP outbound server (as I used to do a few years back when I had o2 before).

I did successfully use the googlemail server for outbound only but it actually sent the email through the gmail account thus arriving with @gmail.com address... Can anyone assist as it's very annoying as I don't have wifi at home and keep sending emails forgetting it doesn't work.  Any help appreciated...

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I did successfully use the googlemail server for outbound only but it actually sent the email through the gmail account thus arriving with @gmail.com address... 

Did you add the third party address to Gmail via the Gmail settings and click on the verification email?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I did successfully use the googlemail server for outbound only but it actually sent the email through the gmail account thus arriving with @gmail.com address... 

Did you add the third party address to Gmail via the Gmail settings and click on the verification email?

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23235 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

Who hosts your domain? Do they not provide email settings?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that Oliver341, that worked! I hadn't realised that option was even there Smiley Embarassed

It does now make mention of my gmail address in the header as the reply address but unless someone is trawling through the header info that process will be hidden from them. I was concerned it may be picked up as an attempted spoof but I tested through our uber secure corporate proxy and all was fine. Happy now slight_smile

Message 4 of 4