Did you mean: 

Unbarring IMEI

cvm0093
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Apologies I've posted this already on another similar thread but kind of urgent so hoping someone else can pickup on this and advise and potentially help.

My phone was lost and recovered and was reported to be blocked during minus the sim as it was still with me.

I've had numerous calls to o2 customer services who have passed a request on to the back office team and to wait 24 hours but each time still not unblocked.

It's been 2 or 3 times where I've reached a dead end and they keep disconnecting my call unless I call from another number. Could anyone here help instead?

Would really appreciate it!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @George1920 .. I hope everything is sorted for you now😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

BillK
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi Lisa.  I have tried to get my i phone 8 unblocked so far unsuccessfully via the O2 store in Eastbourne - they have made 3 seperate requests -  I lost the phone then found it - its very frustrating - can only be used within the house on WiFi .... Bill in Sussex. now using another phone ( my wife's i phone 12 and this swop was legitimately effected in O2 store in Eastbourne ... desperate for my wife to have a fully functioning phone as she dog walks often alone... 

Message 12 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12083 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

I'll see if the advisors working can help @BillK 

Can you please assist @O2Georgina @O2Lisa ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 17

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@BillK I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you ☺️

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

BillK
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lisa.   many thanks. - its really becoming a real nuisance as the phone is now used by my wife and she needs it outside the house as she feels secure dog walking with it ... all fine for home W-Fi but outside its "No Service " ceases to function...    O2 shop very helpful and really trying to fix but cannot see any bararring - they have been up to the fraud team and beyond... IMEI number 356763080178786 - its an i phone 8 .  I had lost it and found it three weeks later - is it possible that Apple have barred it ?  My name is William Kerr, 19 Chyngton Rd., Seaford, BN25 4HL    williamekerr**Personal info**     69 retired and classed as "vulnerable " - (my wife has dementia... I need her to feel "safe" 

Message 15 of 17

BillK
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lisa.  I discovered that the phone is actually not barred but blacklisted - this was established by the reseller I bought it from ... it was only ever an O2 phone so this would suggest it was O2 who blacklisted it ?  William Kerr

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If the phone has been blacklisted this would point to the reseller having instigated this

It would suggest the phone is the subject of an insurance claim or possibly fraud

Message 17 of 17