Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number help

Stefan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I opted to keep the old number, but I have already received O2 sim with another number, but I have not activated it yet. What to do?
I signed a contract for the O2 network yesterday through the operator. I asked to keep my current phone number. The number is [Removed], on the Three network. When the transfer is made and if I have to request a subscription to Three.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Stefan 

You need to get your PAC from Three (same process Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] )

Then give PAC to O2 to port in your number.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Your Three account will close once the number ports to O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Stefan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does the current Three subscription automatically close when I switch to O2?
Message 2 of 9

Stefan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We have not received any information regarding this detail. I'm afraid I won't pay two subscriptions. Thanks.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Stefan 

You need to get your PAC from Three (same process Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] )

Then give PAC to O2 to port in your number.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Your Three account will close once the number ports to O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Stefan , welcome to our community. slight_smile I hope you got all the information you needed but please do let us know if there's anything else that the community could advise you with. 

Message 5 of 9

T_D
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I recently joined o2 and put through the request to be ported over from plusnet to o2. Switch request was made Friday morning but a text received saying it would be done on the Monday. Monday comes round around mid day the old phone experiences disruption and loss of service and I expected within an hour or two the number transfers over to the new o2 sim and phone...but nothing. Still haven't been ported over, I make calls and texts via the new sim it still shows the temp number. Unfortunately with the current climate the call centres are taking longer to pick up calls, I'm rather worried that I might now lose my old number which is very important to me. Can anyone advise what might have gone wrong and whether I am likely to lose my old number I wish to keep.

Thanks
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@T_D 

Many people with the same issue currently. The system is all backed up, but don't worry, it will complete eventually, just much longer than usual.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

T_D
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah thank you for your speedy response MI5. That is somewhat good to hear although not ideal. Don't they have 'promises' around these sort of requests in terms of porting over within a certain time frame? Will sit tight and get out of the queue to allow more urgent requests to go through I guess
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Usually it's a few hours, as you say, but what with short staff and overloaded systems, it's just taking a while.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9