cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring an O2 SIM-only SIM card to a new SIM-free phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Sony Xperia M (Android 4.1.2) phone bought as a SIM-free phone. I have a SIM-only, pay-monthly, SIM inserted in that Sony Xperia M. 

If I buy a new SIM-free phone, can I just transfer the existing SIM-only, pay-monthly, O2 SIM card to the new phone, or would I have to contact O2 first?

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
UK Mail don't seem to be the most reliable, unfortunately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
UK Mail tracking site is just saying 'out for delivery' I called twice today and asked if the driver got lost and they assured me their drivers keep delivering up to 8pm so I will have to create merry havoc tomorrow morning with their Customer Service staff.
Message 22 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
UK Mail tracking site is just saying 'out for delivery' I called twice today and asked if the driver got lost and they assured me their drivers keep delivering up to 8pm so I will have to create merry havoc tomorrow morning with their Customer Service staff.

Give em what for    Smiley Frustrated

Message 23 of 43

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Hope you get it tomorrow. I've got the SP and I love it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha ha ha I will. Thanks wink
Message 25 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
It will take a couple of months of Sundays for me to get to know the SP, but I cannot wait for it to arrive. I have been gnashing at the bit all flaming day Grrrr
Message 26 of 43

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Do let us know when you get it slight_smile
Message 27 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I will. You will probably have to teach me VERY slowly how to work it slight_smile You guys have been a great help tonight, thanks.
Message 28 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Enjoy your new phone {when it arrives}

Message 29 of 43

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You will probably have to teach me VERY slowly how to work it slight_smile 

It's very easy, but of course we will help anyway we can slight_smile

Message 30 of 43