cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to new network sim PROBLEMS, HELP!!

millicentpj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've been trying to swtich providers from o2 to VOXI and I'm having a lot of trouble with the sims...here is what I've done...

Turn on phone and it says "Enter Sim Card PIN" which I do, then it quickly loads and says "SIM CARD UNLOCKED". Then i try to unlock my phone and it says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." I have entered both codes VOXI gave me in the live chat with them, neither worked. I entered the unlatching code from o2, that didn't work. I tried 0000 and that didn't work. After each attempt its saying "Network unlock request unsuccessful". Ive been to the vodafone shop, I've been to the o2 shop and keep getting passed between them. O2 livechat said I've been successfully ported and have closed my account so I got no help from them.

Please, if anyone could give me some advice on what to do? If I just give up completely and put an o2 sim or giffgaff card back in, will that work or is my phone completely useless with sims now?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@millicentpj 

You need to unlock your phone Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card however, it may now be that the phone is hardlocked so you will need a master reset code.

Is it a Samsung?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

millicentpj
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

O2 have said it's unlocked and been "ported over". It's a Samsung S9+ yes slight_smile

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@millicentpj 

O2 should give you a code that you need to enter into the phone. They don't do the actual unlocking so they can't possibly know if it's unlocked or not, just that they have provided a code.

The problem with Samsung's, and I recognise the error messages you are getting, is that they hardlock after 5 failed unlock attempts.

All the codes you have tried will have exceeded those 5 attempts so it now needs a master reset code.

The best hope you have is to ask @Marjo or @Martin-O2 to try and obtain it for you or forever use it on the O2 network only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It sounds likw the phone could well be hardlocked. How many times have you entered the unlock code given by VOXI?

Message 5 of 15

millicentpj
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Okay, thank you for your help! Would giffgaff be classed as an o2 network? Im just looking or a cheaper network is all.

Message 6 of 15

millicentpj
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie 

At this point I think it's hardlocked too, well over 5 times, I was instructed by o2 and VOXI different codes to try so I've exceeded it

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@millicentpj wrote:

@MI5 

Okay, thank you for your help! Would giffgaff be classed as an o2 network? Im just looking or a cheaper network is all.

giffgaff or Tesco should work fine in an O2 phone.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 9 of 15

millicentpj
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thank you, I'll probably go with giffgaff then 

@jonsie yeah, I'll give them a message slight_smile