cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student railcard offer (...or lack of)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been able to get the free railcard that is supposed to be part of the student offer when getting a new refresh contract? 

The website (and salesman in the shop) said that once you have texted your Unidays code to activate the 20% airtime discount (which I have done) the code to get the free railcard will be sent via the priority app 2-4 weeks later. It has now been nearly 6 weeks and still nothing.

I have rung customer services and used O2 chat numerous times and seem to be going round in circles. Firstly nobody seems to know anything about it so I get passed around different people. Then I am usually told that I am not eligible for the offer as it only ran until October 2015 which is not the case as it is still on the website (http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer) and is prominently advertised. Then they say they will get back to me in 5 working days and don't. 

Has anyone actually received a code for the railcard as part of the student offer or are O2 offering something that they can't actually give? I'm getting very frustrated with this now. They also told me to uninstall the priority app then reinstall but still there was no code. The lack of help from anyone from O2 is ridiculous.

I have wasted so much time on something as simple as this and still no solution.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

lemull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I'm concerned the offer period will expire by the time we get an answer about this and we will lose out.

Message 11 of 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @lemull, have you contacted customer service again? If not, please have another try.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am struggling with the exact same problem! 

Why are o2 offering this on their website if it has supposedly expired?! 

The terms and conditions clearly state that your are eligible if you signed up after April 2016, but the woman I just spoke to on customer services could only point me towards a point further down the list that o2 reserves the right to cancel or extend the offer at any time! 

HELP! Extemely unimpressed with o2 customer service and online advertising. Very misleading if they are unable to offer the railcard. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Only CS can help you as we are all just customers here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions