cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student railcard offer (...or lack of)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been able to get the free railcard that is supposed to be part of the student offer when getting a new refresh contract? 

The website (and salesman in the shop) said that once you have texted your Unidays code to activate the 20% airtime discount (which I have done) the code to get the free railcard will be sent via the priority app 2-4 weeks later. It has now been nearly 6 weeks and still nothing.

I have rung customer services and used O2 chat numerous times and seem to be going round in circles. Firstly nobody seems to know anything about it so I get passed around different people. Then I am usually told that I am not eligible for the offer as it only ran until October 2015 which is not the case as it is still on the website (http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer) and is prominently advertised. Then they say they will get back to me in 5 working days and don't. 

Has anyone actually received a code for the railcard as part of the student offer or are O2 offering something that they can't actually give? I'm getting very frustrated with this now. They also told me to uninstall the priority app then reinstall but still there was no code. The lack of help from anyone from O2 is ridiculous.

I have wasted so much time on something as simple as this and still no solution.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It appears that it comes via Priority according to this link.http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

If you are having problems you should contact customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

The offer is still current as it is on the website. So no idea why CS are saying it isn't. @Toby could you confirm please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes I have repeatedly been told that it will come through the priority app and have been in contact with customer services numerous times but still no joy. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I have tagged our head of community @Toby to see if he can advise further?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can also Google for the CEO's email address (Mark Evans) and drop him a complaint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community and thanks for flagging this. There seems to be a little confusion, but let me talk to the rest of the team and clarify some of this info.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 15

lemull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am having the same issue. Quite frankly, I think it isn't on that O2 are advertising this very prominently (I saw it on Unidays) and there is still nothing. I was told the offer period began on 27th August and it would appear in my Perks, but it hasn't. I notice Toby said he would investigate on 23rd but no post as yet.

Thanks

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Any update on this railcard issue @Toby?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We asked the rest of the team to look into improvements of the info customer service has on this. I do  not have any details of this, but when I find out more, I'll share all I can slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 15