Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming: Why O2 UK can't be like O2 Germany

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Apparently (if I'm getting this right), if you're a German O2 customer, for EUR1.99 you do get something similar to what we get here with O2 Travel (50MB daily limit in EU/EEA), but not just that - for the same EUR1.99/day you get a daily data allowance of 6MB in the rest of the world. Now, 6MB is not a lot (then again, there are plans here in the UK with 100 and 200MB of data, and folks are buying them which means its more than enough for their usage pattern), but in terms of pricing it works out at about £0.25 per MB which is a big difference compared to the £6/MB price tag.

Wouldn't prices like that actually encourage people to use their UK provider's sims more often when abroad instead of just keeping them in their wallets until they return back home?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Perhaps Three will expand this perk to their new O2 family when the takeover comes:

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Perhaps Three will expand this perk to their new O2 family when the takeover comes:

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

I think there is a great deal of anticipation from O2 customers that we will actually get the benefits that 3 currently enjoy. One can only hope @Bambino ....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Any changes, good or bad, are still a long way down the road. Possibly as long as a year away. The anticipation, or for some the apprehension, will continue for some time. There will be a lot of speculation as to what will happen from many corners. All anyone can do is wait and see.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Any changes, good or bad, are still a long way down the road. Possibly as long as a year away. The anticipation, or for some the apprehension, will continue for some time. There will be a lot of speculation as to what will happen from many corners. All anyone can do is wait and see.

I agree @Bambino there will be endless speculation but until it happens why worry about or try to anticipate the changes until we know more and risk any disappointment.

Message 5 of 6

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

O2 Business users can get upto 200MB for £7.50 per day whilst abroad.

Volume of data varies by roaming zone, but can work out as little 3.75p/MB.

ewan 

Message 6 of 6