Did you mean: 

Questions about claiming on insurance

TextCharges
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have just had to unfortunately put in a claim for a stolen phone. I've been with o2 and had insurance for years but never had it lost or stolen, so this is new. I'm getting increasingly worried doing research in to peoples experiences with o2 insurance. Primarily the fact they don't neccessarily send you the phone you are paying for. My iPhone XS Max 256GB was stolen.

So I ask, are they really allowed to send me a replacement which isn't the same as this when I am paying £70+ a month for THAT phone? 

Also one more question, I've just submitted the claim form today, scanned in to my laptop and emailed off with all the relevant attachments like proof of residence etc. How long should o2 insurance take to get back to me in some way? Over the phone they said within 48 hours but sometimes within 24. Having looked on the forums, I see cases of it taking weeks?

Can anyone give me some insight please? Thanks in advance.

Edit: one last question! Any possible way of having my old number with future phone?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TextCharges 

Firstly report phone stolen so that a new sim with your number can be arranged Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

My experiance of O2 insurance was very goo with a quick turnaround but as you say, it's not always the case, so stay in touch with them to keep an eye on your claim.

As far as the phone type is concerned, they may offer a different handset, but you can refuse, although this may mean more of a wait if yours isn't in stock to send out immediayely.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TextCharges 

Firstly report phone stolen so that a new sim with your number can be arranged Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

My experiance of O2 insurance was very goo with a quick turnaround but as you say, it's not always the case, so stay in touch with them to keep an eye on your claim.

As far as the phone type is concerned, they may offer a different handset, but you can refuse, although this may mean more of a wait if yours isn't in stock to send out immediayely.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TextCharges I know this doesn't relate to your present problem, but for future reference, you should look into whether your homeowner's insurance, or your bank covers mobile phones. Policies from either of those usually work out less expensive and give better coverage than what O2 offers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

TextCharges
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply.

I reported it immediately and have had the imei and everything blocked- so when o2 contact me I should be able to arrange that? (I'll read the link now, thanks!)

As I emailed the forms over today, I suppose it's not worth calling again until tomorrow?

That seems agreeabe, though only worries me due to seeing complaints of people waiting several weeks for their phone to come back in to stock!

Message 4 of 12

TextCharges
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Certainly on my to do list after this is all sorted out. Thanks for the response

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TextCharges 

Stock levels are uncontrollable and are probably the main cause of delay.

I accepted a different colour of phone as I wasn't fussed and was replaced within 48 hours. 

It would have been next day, but I wasn't able to take delivery on that day so I opted for the day after.

I've had no problems and mine was the free insurance offer with some tariffs at the time, so cost me nothing either slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

TextCharges
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah okay, colour I'm not overly fussed about. I'd opt for my original space grey but wouldn't delay on colour. Mainly fussed about it being a 256GB XS Max. So fingers crossed.

Glad to hear a positive experience- so they got back to your claim form relatively quickly?

I pay £15 a month for the insurance. 😧

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TextCharges 

I called to say I'd emailed the forms back and the girl went and found them and processed the claim immediately.

I had silver and chose grey so fingers crossed they have more grey ones in stock slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

TextCharges
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just gave it a go out of hope, was told to wait for an email and advised to call thursday around 5pm if i dont hear anything by then. Boo. This is not how I imagined "Next day replacement service".

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TextCharges 

Keep calling wink

Try again tomorrow morning around 8.00am

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12