Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo code

Abbie96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I purchased a Samsung Galaxy s23 in September, and there was an offer to buy Galaxy ear buds for £1 with a promo code. I received the promo code yesterday, and tried to redeem the offer this morning but a message keeps coming up saying "you can't use this code as its assigned to somebody else".

I've tried contacting customer service but can't seem to get through to anyone, just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Someone else posted the same yesterday

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 14

Abbie96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your response. I've tried contacting them via the my02 app, but can't seem to get through to an actual person, and the virtual assisstant can't help with the query. I've also been on the phone to 02 for last 45 minutes and stuck in a queue 😞 guess I'm just gonna have to keep trying! 

Message 3 of 14

Carpediem888
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have you logged into your my02 account before using trying to use the code? Had a similar issue and this solved it... Now I've got the issue that my code isn't deducting the promised amount... 🙄

Message 4 of 14

Abbie96
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey! Thanks for the advice! No, the promo code came through yesterday whilst I was at work, so thought I'd try today as I have the day off. I tried twice on the website this morning, and then once more on the app after. 

I spoke to customer service in the end, the guy was able to see the same message on his end, but wasn't sure what was causing it, so he said it could be an error so they'll send a new one out, received nothing as of yet, so we'll see!

I've seen  other people with the same issue you're having, it seems there are a lot of problems with this offer 🙄

Message 5 of 14

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Abbie96 

@Carpediem888 

The tentative conclusion reached on one of the other threads on this forum is that the voucher is for a fixed amount ; if the cost of the product has risen, the balance payable will be more than expected.  

It would be interesting @Abbie96 if the new code resolves your problem ; please keep us updated on developments.  

Message 6 of 14

Abbie96
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No new code received as of yet - not holding my breath if I'm honest! I'll give it 24 hours, if not then I'll contact O2 again. 👍🏻

Message 7 of 14

Oxonian
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Abbie96 

If this issue does not resolve itself imminently, you might want to think about lodging a formal complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In the former, you will see reference to Resolver. Some members of this forum have reported that Resolver has facilitated satisfactory outcomes to their issues with O2. 

Message 8 of 14

Abbie96
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian 

New Update (Well...kind of)

48 hours later, and still no new promotion code. The advisors on the O2 app are busy so getting no help via that way, so attempted to phone 202 again this morning. Was in another queue for over 30 minutes, so gave up and hung up.

I have taken your advice and e-mailed a complaint, as it seems impossible to actually get any assistance from O2 regarding this matter. So will keep everyone updated when I receive a response. 

It's not the end of the world, but it just seems if O2 are offering a promotion to many customers, then they should do their upmost to follow this through.

Thank you for your advice, and fingers crossed for a resolution soon.

Message 9 of 14

Oxonian
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Abbie96 

Thank you for the update. 

I do not believe that this promotion costs O2 anything. It is a manufacturer's promotion so the only "cost" to O2 is that of administering it. Sadly, that is letting them down. Having sold a 'phone and hopefully got a satisfied customer, they then lose all goodwill because folks like you have to fight to receive their promotional accessory, which is rightfully theirs as part of their initial purchase. 

I hope that you receive your buds soon and look forward to you confirming that they were worth all of the hassle !  

Message 10 of 14