cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid mastercard & trade in device, can they be used to pay off airtime and device plan?

robpeake
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all i got the sony phone and part of the deal was £126 trade in on any phone ( i trade a samsung s20 and I got a total of £261.00)  and also a £400 mastercard.    

I only have £315.00 left to pay on my plan,  so can i get the money refunded to me or is that now lost?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

How do you mean get the money refunded @robpeake ?
If you mean from the pre paid card, then you just use it to cover the phone plan and have the remainder - once you have claimed the card itself.

Some more info on getting the card itself:

https://www.o2redeem.co.uk/about/frequentlyaskedquestions/?campaigncode=o2paym03 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

robpeake
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi thanks for replying,  sorry i dont think i was clear,   i have £315 left to pay with the next payment due on the 7th December which will be £157.00.    I assumed or i thought i could remember that I had ticked a box when i applied for the Mastercard to use it against device plan ,  if thats the case then the next payment of £157 will be taken ,  which will put my balance at £157.00 then the Mastercard is then applied which means i have a positive balance which i was wondering how i would get that back.   perhaps just use the mastercard for shopping.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@robpeake 

When did you get the phone with the Mastercard deal?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

robpeake
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got the phone in october

Message 5 of 5