Did you mean: 

Ordering Apple Watch problems

Luke1994
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

3C7D1D7A-7EF8-4EB3-8968-43ED00680FD2.jpeg

Hi, I am trying to purchase an Apple Watch on the website. However when I get to checkout and sign in the title of the page says choose number to connect Watch to, however underneath it says you don’t have any pay monthly plans to connect to, even though I have an iPhone with o2.

I’ve spoken to sales, customer service and they have never seen the error before. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Luke1994 

Are you logged into myo2 at the same time as trying to purchase the apple watch, as that is usually why that error message comes up? The service cant pick up the pass thru from myo2. 

I would login to My o2 and then go to the store also clear your cookies an temporary internet files before logging back on as well

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Luke1994
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  yep logged in cookies cleared etc, various browsers and devices tried. When I called o2 2 days ago they reached the same issue while trying to do the order on their side also.

all I can think of is because I have more than 1 device with O2, I have a Samsung also it’s like the system defaults to the Samsung and thinks I don’t have an iPhone (hence the error)

it’s just baffling how no one at o2 knows what the error is (especially as I work in IT).

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Luke1994 

First line staff never know what causes the error, especially if its not on a FAQ or KB if you ever had to deal with 1st line helpdesk staff you will understand this pain. (I do 3rd line Support and pull my hair out sometimes).

Have you tried to do this over the phone rather than via the website, as it could be the Samsung is seen as the master device.. Did you upgrade / Buy the iphone from o2 as well.

You should be able to select which phone to add it to. 

Call customer services and ask them to pass it to the IT Team, it may take a few days but they might be able to fix it....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @Luke1994. Did you manage to get this resolved in the end, please? 

Thanks @madasaf1sh for your efforts too 👍.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 5 of 5