Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Order Confusion

Sacentia
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I bought an iphone 7 plus in rose gold last night, 22/02/2018 (just after 7.00pm). I recieved lots of emails and then the order was completed and I recieved the order completed pdf from the webpage, but no email confirmation. I have also recieved an email from O2 that my order has been saved if i want to return to it. (interesting?)

I was talking to someone through live chat throughout the purchase and they told me to ring this number, which closed at 7pm. I then got disconnected throm the live chat due to servers (typical!)

I called up this morning and have been told customer services can't do anything as it is not their department and that I should hear something before 24/02/2018. If not, call them back, I asked why my order has been delayed (it said it would arrive on the 24th), but they said they cant see anything on their system. My credit score is good, so i dont know why I've had this extra delay. My partner bought a phone right after me and his has been confimed.

Do i just sit tight? Is there nothing I can do? Is it my credit score? What is going on? Is this common?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You would have been notified by the system that your order is complete and get your dispatch email later today I would think.
The process is as I described to you here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Online-Order-Confusion/m-p/1109830#M29604
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 32

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm guessing the same as now. You would be waiting for stock to come in hopefully for the 24th. Presumably they have put a provisional hold on the funds in your account but you would still have passed the credit check whether you live chatted or not. It's just the way o2 do things. Online ordering is both stressful and needing patience.

Message 22 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122768 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Best of luck for the 24th then @Sacentia fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 32

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As it's due tomorrow the dispatch email should be arriving in the next 30 ish mins.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 32

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 25 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update.

So, I was told it was despatched on friday and was due to arrive either Saturday or Monday. My partner collected his phone on saturday and i asked in store, but no it hadn't arrived. O2 had no way of tracking my parcel, as the tracking number was incorrect.

So, this morning I was on the phone with customer services and they said my parcel was at the store. I called the store, and it wasnt there. I phoned customer service back saying it wasn't there and they said theres nothing they can do. I said screw this, cancel my account I will buy it in store. They have the phone in store, the exact one i want.

I was on hold for ages to the cancelling department so I thought, i will double check the store has my phone and cancel it in store. I called up and asked them to check one last time and it arrived that minute. A few minutes later i got an email saying its ready to pick up. I will go after work today and hopefully ths whole ordeal is over!

Message 26 of 32

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
A fortunate coincidence wink

Currently using:
Message 27 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122768 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

And yet more of your time spent chasing this up @Sacentia. Let us know what you think of the phone when you get it tonight..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 32

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So yes, I got my phone no problems and am now using it. Learnt my lesson and will now only buy phones in store. But at least it’s all sorted now. Thank you everyone for your advise and help. slight_smile
Message 30 of 32