Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Order Confusion

Sacentia
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I bought an iphone 7 plus in rose gold last night, 22/02/2018 (just after 7.00pm). I recieved lots of emails and then the order was completed and I recieved the order completed pdf from the webpage, but no email confirmation. I have also recieved an email from O2 that my order has been saved if i want to return to it. (interesting?)

I was talking to someone through live chat throughout the purchase and they told me to ring this number, which closed at 7pm. I then got disconnected throm the live chat due to servers (typical!)

I called up this morning and have been told customer services can't do anything as it is not their department and that I should hear something before 24/02/2018. If not, call them back, I asked why my order has been delayed (it said it would arrive on the 24th), but they said they cant see anything on their system. My credit score is good, so i dont know why I've had this extra delay. My partner bought a phone right after me and his has been confimed.

Do i just sit tight? Is there nothing I can do? Is it my credit score? What is going on? Is this common?

Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update.

So, I was told it was despatched on friday and was due to arrive either Saturday or Monday. My partner collected his phone on saturday and i asked in store, but no it hadn't arrived. O2 had no way of tracking my parcel, as the tracking number was incorrect.

So, this morning I was on the phone with customer services and they said my parcel was at the store. I called the store, and it wasnt there. I phoned customer service back saying it wasn't there and they said theres nothing they can do. I said screw this, cancel my account I will buy it in store. They have the phone in store, the exact one i want.

I was on hold for ages to the cancelling department so I thought, i will double check the store has my phone and cancel it in store. I called up and asked them to check one last time and it arrived that minute. A few minutes later i got an email saying its ready to pick up. I will go after work today and hopefully ths whole ordeal is over!

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@SacentiaThe phone is probably out of stock. This is the usual reason for delay. You have completed all you needed to do...and unless they are doing credit checks it should be fine.

I would ring customer services again re the order status. You will get an email when dispatched nd then you can track it via this route https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Im just anxious about not getting it, and reading through these froums has not but me at ease. Im glad its probably due to it being out of stock, however i would rather just be told simply that that is the reason. I can accept that! Leaving me in the dark isnt good practice.

I guess its just a waiting game to hear whatever this email im waiting for will be about.

Message 3 of 32

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Apart from chasing customer services there's nothing else you can do until you get the dispatch email, which comes out the evening before the day it will be delivered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you. Well I have been told to ring if nothing happens by tomorrow afternoon. So i will start chasing from then. 

I would just like to be told more about the progress of my order. I know its at least gone through and with this other team. So i will just have to wait.

Message 5 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@SacentiaProbably the reason O2 couldn't 'tell you anything this morning' was because it was either out of stock or still doing checks. Not good practice as that's easy enough to find out....but certainly chase them. I would be making a 'nuisance' of myself wink

. Welcome to the forum by the way...Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 32

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Here's some info from O2 that was requested recently due to a number of similar issues:

When customers order new contracts, sometimes their credit check status comes up as referred. The order system would still send them a link and allow to complete the order and then it's checked by the Credit Vetting Team. Any required payments for upfront or deposit won't be taken from the customer's account until the order has been successfully completed. However, while they are checking the customer's details the payment will be showing as a pending transaction on their bank account. If a credit check is declined the customer gets an email advising about the outcome and that money will be released back (usually 48 hrs). This email is sent automatically to the email address which the customer provided during the order process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I think that is where I am now. But I did double check my credit rating and it is really good, im only young so Id hope so! Getting some peace of mind now though slight_smile

It makes sence its out of stock as I went in store to buy it, but got a better deal online. And when i was in store they only had gold and jet black colours. So mine would be out of stock.

Message 8 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Might also be worth checking on the below site if it is in stock or not...
http://iphonestockchecker.co.uk/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:
Might also be worth checking on the below site if it is in stock or not...
http://iphonestockchecker.co.uk/

And as usual no iphones in stock for O2, according to that stock checker @gmarkj

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 32