Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Order Confusion

Sacentia
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I bought an iphone 7 plus in rose gold last night, 22/02/2018 (just after 7.00pm). I recieved lots of emails and then the order was completed and I recieved the order completed pdf from the webpage, but no email confirmation. I have also recieved an email from O2 that my order has been saved if i want to return to it. (interesting?)

I was talking to someone through live chat throughout the purchase and they told me to ring this number, which closed at 7pm. I then got disconnected throm the live chat due to servers (typical!)

I called up this morning and have been told customer services can't do anything as it is not their department and that I should hear something before 24/02/2018. If not, call them back, I asked why my order has been delayed (it said it would arrive on the 24th), but they said they cant see anything on their system. My credit score is good, so i dont know why I've had this extra delay. My partner bought a phone right after me and his has been confimed.

Do i just sit tight? Is there nothing I can do? Is it my credit score? What is going on? Is this common?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It changes daily so keep checking.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

how long do they get stock in roughly? Am i waiting a few days or longer than a week? How regularly do they normally come in?

Message 12 of 32

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Daily.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thats good then. Fingers crossed this all solves itself soon. 

Message 14 of 32

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Hope so

Currently using:
Message 15 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Keep us updated @Sacentia Best of luck...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It's an unfortunate lesson to have to learn like this @Sacentia. O2's online ordering system is woefully inadequate, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the pipeline to improve it. For a telecom company to not have a live stock take system in place to sell phones is truly pitiful. As you're now caught up in the system with this purchase, the only thing you can do now is bite the bullet and hope you don't have to wait too much longer to receive your new phone. Next time around, either go in store, and if it's in stock, walk out with your phone, or buy from another seller, if O2's Refresh contracts aren't important to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes. I should have bought it in store. I think its wrong to promise a date for delivery. It got me all excited for a date that wasnt certain. Id much rather go in store next time and walk out with my phone in my hands. 

Message 18 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Sacentiawrote:

Yes. I should have bought it in store.  Id much rather go in store next time and walk out with my phone in my hands. 

It's what we always advise @Sacentia. A lesson learnt for next time? (whenever that might be. Smiley Very Happy)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 32

Sacentia
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So, I got tired of sitting twidling my thumbs, and live chatted. She said that it was a credit check keeping it back, and i had passed. So the order has now been confirmed. I asked for an email confirming this and she sent one to me again (the first one obviously didnt get to me) saying the delivery date says 24th. So the order is complete and i just need to get my phone when it comes in. 

I also said it would have been nice to know what was keeping it back and how long it would take. And an email saying i passed. What would have happened if i didnt live chat?

Message 20 of 32