Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle scam

Jeff123456
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To anybody thinking of using o2 recycle,DONT!!! dont be fooled by they're same day payment,they are now thieves,they say they've never recieved my phone it's been over a week now,and yes I have proof of postage! I have never had any problems with any other site I've recycled my phone through,I thought I'd use these as i though they were reputable! How wrong was I! Countless emails robbing me off I am now gonna have to go back to post office to say it was lost to get some of my money back! Absolute scam do not trust! I will make sure this is all over social media! I really hope everybody steers clear of o2 altogether!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Jeff123456
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Liars and thieves!
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Jeff123456 

This isn't the first time we have heard this. See what tracking the post office can supply you with and meanwhle I will tag our managers @Marjo and @Martin-O2  to see if they can help.

They wont be on the forum till Monday though so pop back then and maybe someone will be able to help you.

You could also threaten O2 Recycle that you will be making a complaint and they may magically find your device. However, dont go down the complaint route until one of our community managers contacts you on Monday.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
No one here will argue with you over their shady practices, but in this case, do you have proof they have actually received your phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions
Very unfortunately this is an old story on here the o2 community forum @Jeff123456
Normally they give high price then after receipt it is reduced to nothing.
Not received is difficult hope you sent by special delivery by Royal mail choosing appropriate compensation amount if lost in post.
If they signed for it and you have signature proof then that's great you will have to take a case against them.
Good luck hope all goes well eventually for you.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 13

Jeff123456
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Great thank you,cant believe a company if this size would let this happen!
Message 6 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions
So very sorry @Jeff123456
Many things happen of course, awful things scam texts, funds removed by despicable scammers by direct billing, not only from o2 either. This company is one of o2s trusted partners 😡
Let us know how you get on.
Welcome to the o2 community forum we like to help if we can😁

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions
@Jeff123456 If you do a search on the forum you will find a litany of complaints against O2 Recycle that go back years. It's a sad comment that after so long, O2 has done nothing to improve the service for their customers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you sent the phone recorded postage there should be proof of delivery online as there will be a signature. If there isn't then the claim should be against Royal Mail. Good luck with this.

Message 9 of 13

Jeff123456
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well what do you know they have my phone! and theyve came back with a fantastic revised offer of £8.60 the original offer was £43 its a near perfect galaxy s6! id prefer to smash it into pieces than accept that! screen burn in my ****!!! i am actually raging with myself for not reading up about these con merchants first! ive learned a valuable lesson! thanks for your help guys! 

Message 10 of 13