cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service and no guarantee of replacement phone will be the same

acoad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been in touch with the O2 insurance team since my phone got stolen on 21st December 2019 and the inefficiency of your service is shocking.

1. I called the first time and the claim form was meant to be sent to me by email and that never got through. Also it's not come through to SPAM or any other folder.
2. I had to call you again to chase on the form, that never came through again!
3. I downloaded the form and your team hasn't provided me with any of the basic information required in the form such as policy number and claim ID which can't be found on the poor generic policy contract document you have provided for download in my online account. This caused me to have to call you again!
4. Sent all the documentation necessary along with the form, including proof of change of address and name (second time requested).  
5. My claim got finally approved, but it's the 4th time I call and you don't have a date as to when I'm going to receive my phone. Surely you have an SLA you have to comply with. In addition to this, my address keeps showing as the old one and my name hasn't been changed!

I don't have a replacement phone and I'm struggling to work without it because I don't wanna have a phone of lower specification when it's not the phone I'm paying for in my contract. It's rather cheeky to have this clause in the contract, so be aware before signing up:

"In the event that We are unable to replace Your Equipment with the exact model, We accept no
responsibility for delay should You decide to wait for an exact replacement rather than accept a model
of similar specification as determined by Us." Mobile Insurance from O2 - Full Cover. Policies taken out since 14 June 2019 - Page 11
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@acoad 

That's a long time to wait for a replacement, though I expect O2 will blame it on the Xmas period.

You have actually posted on the community forum instead of O2. I will mention our managers here to see if they can help. @Marjo @Martin-O2 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

acoad
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes @Cleoriff I have spoken to customer services several times on the phone and placed this complaing via email. I have also asked for updates via email but still the "phone is out of stock" since last monday, when the claim was approved and I don't have a delivery date! The worst is that I'm still paying as if I'm using it when it's not my fault the insurance company don't have the same phone to replace.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@acoad 

Have you made an official complaint? I ask because if you have, then our managers won't be able to help you. If not then wait for a response from @Martin-O2 or @Marjo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@acoad Below are the Terms & Conditions from Vodafone regarding a replacement, and below that, EE's policy. I think you'll find they aren't much different from O2's, or possibly even less helpful. Many homeowner's insurance policies cover mobiles these days. In future you might want to look into that, rather than a policy from your phone provider.

Replacements
1. Where we replace the mobile device the replacement may be
a remanufactured (not brand new) device.
2. We will attempt to replace your device with one of the same
colour but we can’t guarantee to do this or replace any limited
or special edition mobile devices.
3. If we cannot replace your device with one of the same make,
model and specification we will contact you to discuss
alternative mobile devices of similar specification.

Your replacement device will be of the same or similar specification, but it may be a different make, model, colour and/or have an alternative operating system. It will come from refurbished stock that has been tested and is fully functional. It will come either with the remaining period of the manufacturer’s warranty from the original device, or with a 30-day warranty from EE – whichever is longer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

acoad
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I saw that when I was reviewing the policy. Good to know other phone companies policies too. Thanks @Bambino 

Message 6 of 13

acoad
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff 

I have made one on the phone on Monday but the attendant was gonna transfer me to HR after taking my complaint details. After the call was transferred the call dropped and I could not get through, so I emailed the complaint today which has comfirmed to be logged.

Thanks for your replies!

Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

The networks are probably overwritten by the same insurance company. In any case they all seem to have the same terms and conditions regarding replacements.

Message 8 of 13

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ee use Allianz for there insurance not sure about Vodafone or o2 though
Message 9 of 13

acoad
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Gutted I haven't heard anything back yet!
Message 10 of 13