Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have ignored a refund request and have stolen my money

Jack40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was billed by apple for something that I didn’t ask for, I immediately requested a refund and it was granted.
a week or so later, o2 decide to bill me and take the money anyway, ignoring the previously arranged refund.

After nearly a month of trying to sort this out I have now had to speak to my lawyer to claim for the theft as well as damages from O2. They have ignored my repeated requests over the last month for the refund that was granted by apple when o2 decided to take the money anyway. 

This is my last avenue I have before I instruct my lawyer to serve the head office for the money stolen as well as damages for the time taken as well as the trust lost in this stupid ignorant company that has serious failings as well as breaches in consumer rights. 

Not that this will be answered to by any of them. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148698 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Carry on. Nothing we can do here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Jack40 

This is an O2 customer to customer community so you will appreciate that we cannot access your account or offer other direct help. You need to address this issue with O2. I also believe that your proposed way forward - to take legal action against O2 - is excessive at the moment. This is undoubtedly an administrative failing by O2 rather than attempt to steal from you. 

I suggest that you start by messaging O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good record for solving problems. 

If that does not work, O2 have a complaints' procedure that you can utilise, with a right of escalation to an independent Ombudsman if the issue is not resolved. Please post again if the social media team do not resolve the issue and you require further guidance as to moving forward. 👍 

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7767 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Good Luck...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93887 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Apple should have issued the credit and this would have shown as a negative amount on your account if they had actioned the refund

The fact that it isn't showing on your bill puts the error and liability at Apple's door

Message 5 of 5