Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 fair usage policy

James-C-88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

April 5th this year i received a SMS from O2 telling me i breached o2 fair usage policy. Upon receiving this i called o2 and asked what i had done wrong. I was informed that they couldn’t see anything ok my account that could’ve breached the fair usage policy. I was later called that day and informed that the SMS was sent out to me in error.

since then O2 cancelled my apple watch contact May7th, and then cancelled my Iphone contract June 13. My account was then handed over to the fraud team.

last week the fraud team called me, and told me they couldn’t see why my account had been cancelled and that there wasn’t any fraud related activity on my account. 
i initially raised a complaint May 7th and regarding the cancellation, and didnt hear back until 3 days ago, where the complaints team told me my contracts were cancelled because of the fair usage policy. I asked for evidence of what i’ve been accused off, and o2 have been unable to provide any.

ive escalated my complaint with ombudsman, im just wondering if anyone has ever been accused of this? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Have to admit I've not heard of it in my time here.

We will have to see what some of our more long term members have to say 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8925 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@James-C-88 

A search of O2's website for "fair use" gives us one return :- 

Roaming Fair Usage | Terms and Conditions | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/roamfairuse

Is that of any help ? 

Message 3 of 5

James-C-88
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah i’ve those terms and conditions, and I’ve definitely not breached or broken any of them

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8925 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I think @James-C-88 that it might be time to await the outcome of the Ombudsman's investigation ; not a lot of point in speculating further. 

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍 

Message 5 of 5