cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WiFi - where to report a network fault?

bluescreener
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Do I report this as a mobile fault?

In Grantham today NG31 7ES (daughetr dragged me into McDonalds for coffee whilst christmas shopping) - I log in to the hotspot and get the acknowledgement web page up. Unable to connect to any other web pages though (fine on 3G).

Yesterday I used the network at a Subway in Nottingham so I'm confident my phone settings are correct.

Ta,

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Response from O2 WiFi -

Dear Nick,

I'm sorry for the trouble.    

We?re sorry that you're experiencing issues with the O2 Wifi service. In
order to respond to your query as quickly as possible, please call our
dedicated O2 Wifi customer support line on 0844 463 2626. One of our
trained advisers will be on hand to investigate your issue.

I hope this gets sorted soon.

Kind regards

The O2 Wifi Team

So that means a call to the above number which I haven't followed up yet but noted for future reference.

As yet, no response from McDonalds (the venue) though.

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good tip, however, 0844 calls are chargeable at 20/25p per min on an O2 mobile 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Reply from McDonalds.

Dear Mr xxxx.

I am sorry to hear that you had problems accessing the Wi-Fi at our restaurant on Wednesday.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I have investigated this and I cannot  find any fault with the router and the Wi-Fi is fully working at present.

If you experience any problems in the future, please alert the manager to this and they will endeavour to try and get this up running as soon as possible.

If you have any further queries I can be contacted directly on 01476 565249 or by email on (email snipped).

Yours Sincerely
Colin (name snipped)
Assistant Manager

To conclude, case closed, no fault found - but at least now I'm able to share a couple of contact points should anybody else have the same problem.

Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well done - Good info, thanks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 wifi has stopped working completely for me since getting a Nexus 5 phone. Fortunately my local Costa has dumped O2 and got The Cloud, which does work!

If I get really bored, I might give customer services a call one day, but having already deleted devices and closed/reopened my O2 WiFi account several times, I don't hold much hope...
Message 15 of 15