Did you mean: 

O2 Travel - USA Roaming speeds

BradTRC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Looking to go to the States, but discovered about a 0.5mbps data cap. Contacted O2 to ask if this was true and they said that yes, however the data cap no longer applies to customers and that occasionally would have to slow it down temporarily but not cap it. Has anyone been to the USA in the last couple of months and used the data? If so, how was it?

Cheers,

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BradTRC 

We've had it confirmed on here just last week that speeds are capped at 0.5mbps always.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BradTRC 

We've had it confirmed on here just last week that speeds are capped at 0.5mbps always.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 20

BradTRC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is disgusting - surely they are not allowed to do that?

Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Unfortunately, they can do anything they want.

Usually to their benefit and not the customers @BradTRC 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BradTRC 

Here's the discussion I referred to earlier https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/No-data-whilst-roaming-in-the-USA/m-p/1555069#M246152

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The only customers this doesnt apply to is Enterprise Customers.... hence my work sim got way over 0.5mbps...

And to be honest AT&T's network is that bad sometimes....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 20

BradTRC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your replies all. The O2 Travel Inclusive page is giving different details to O2 Travel Ts & Cs (it looks as it hasn’t been updated for quite some time), so I’m confused as what to go for. They say there was a speed cap about a year ago, but say they have since removed. Are O2 telling the truth here - or lying? Still in my cooling off period - just want some answers.

I agree @madasaf1sh AT&T is terrible, when I went out there with EE in 2018, I was constantly on T-Mobile’s 4G and I wasn’t disappointed once.

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BradTRC 

The answer is on the link I posted above which was posted last week by O2.

Data speeds are capped at 0.5mbps.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

BradTRC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers. (Love the username by the way). The only way I can determine if O2 are lying or not is by going to States - and that isn’t for another year 🤣

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Let us know 🤓

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20