Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Email/Webmail to close?

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't know what is going on here and I'm not sure I believe it, but a thread has appeared elsewhere saying that O2 Webmail will be closing at the end of the year according to an O2 Web Chat advisor.

Maybe Chiara could check this out as people using this service may need to make other arrangements. 

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/o2/4259681-o2-to-close-all-webmail-accounts-by-november-2nd-2013.ht...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 1 of 231
230 REPLIES 230

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have had my o2 email account since it was genie. I have other email addresses for work etc but because this was independant of any company email address, it was the one I use as my login to any site where I need a consistant email address. I have registered on loads of forums, websites, ebay etc with my o2 account.

I don't use the webmail facilty very often and can do without that but it is going to be a big nightmare changing account details etc on nearly 20 years of web use.

If the o2 domain is going to be available to people that change to Sky broadband, can it stay available as a POP server for older account holders?

Message 121 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If the o2 domain is going to be available to people that change to Sky broadband, can it stay available as a POP server for older account holders?

In the long term, I expect the O2 email accounts of migrants to Sky to be closed down too.

Message 122 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I have one email address from when I had Broadband (got rid of the broadband as soon as they sold to Sky), and one from my phone contract. I use both. but now will have to change both? Seems a bit harsh. And I only had an email on the broadband email address, nothing on the one I got when I set up my phone account and linked the two.

Very annoying , as I only use my hotmail account for all the "you-must-put-in-an-email-address" sign-ups you have to do, as you know you will end up with a mailbox full of crappy spam.

I am a tad frustrated about this. But being english, I'll just shake my head in frustration and go and create a new account somewhere else. And when my phone contract expires, I'll probably change suppliers . . .

Message 123 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really miffed about this.

Free!!! it may of been labled as such but I don't think so, it was used to help hook me into an iphone, so I am paying for it, and then some.

I've been a loyal O2 customer since the start, and was waiting for the iphone 5s on 4g with O2, but as they do not seem to care about customer satisfaction, I doute I now care about brand loylty.

Think I'll go check OUT EE

Message 124 of 231

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

It's not part of your contract. You weren't 'hooked' into anything. If you can get good reception and a better deal from a different provider, then do so. Do you think no one knows about EE? Is that why you posted the link?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 125 of 231

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A lame excuse to spam on behalf of EE! Smiley Indifferent

You'll have to do better than that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 126 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

A relative informed me that an email had been received stating that the o2 webmail would be ending in November 2013. I telephone o2 and the advisor stated that this is correct. Therefore no webmail accounts and also not for mobile-phone users either. He also stated that the 'o2 Community Forum' would be ending also. I have not received any of this information in writing, either email or snail-mail.

Message 127 of 231

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This will convince you:

http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email

There is nothing about this forum going though, no reason why it should.

Message 128 of 231

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@perksie wrote: 

There is nothing about this forum going though, no reason why it should.

Probably get amalgamated with the Vodafone Forum tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 129 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can rest assured that there are no plans to close the community.
Message 130 of 231