Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Email/Webmail to close?

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't know what is going on here and I'm not sure I believe it, but a thread has appeared elsewhere saying that O2 Webmail will be closing at the end of the year according to an O2 Web Chat advisor.

Maybe Chiara could check this out as people using this service may need to make other arrangements. 

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/o2/4259681-o2-to-close-all-webmail-accounts-by-november-2nd-2013.ht...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 1 of 231
230 REPLIES 230

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

There will be no need for this forum when Telefonica sells off O2UK.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 131 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

There will be no need for this forum when Telefonica sells off O2UK.....?

Unless I've missed something (aside from rumours), it's "if" not "when".

Message 132 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed, Oliver 😉

I certainly can't make business predictions and I don't have any crystal balls, however I've been asked to work on long term strategies, which suggests there are no plans to major changes. Then some people like spreading rumours, I'd rather live on facts.
Message 133 of 231

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

I agree, facts are so much more accurate.....

Telefonica sold O2 Ireland to Hutchison 3 in an effort to reduce debt (€780m with an additional €80m to follow if certain revenue targets are met).

Telefonica reported a net debt of €53.8bn at the end of Q1 and aims (has) to reduce that to €47bn by the end of the year.

O2 UK will likely be next up for sale.

Telefonica floated its German operation last year, and its business in the Czech Republic and Slovakia would not be large enough to hit that debt target. It would also prefer to hold on to its Latin American portfolio.

Aside from being the most disposable asset, O2 UK has the lowest reported OIBDA (operating income before depreciation and amoritization) of Telefonica's remaining business units.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 134 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable
As of now, there haven't been any announcements suggesting a sale. Surely situations change and decisions are made, since the original question was whether the community is closing the answer is no, not at present.

Right now we're working on long term plans, we're investing time and money on improving the platform, the experience, the recognition of the members who devote so much of their time to support it and - last but not certainly least - communication.
Message 135 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear Chiara.

What would we do without the Community Forum ?
Message 136 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem, BoB. Be assured that we are working on long terms plans and that there is an amazing commitment from senior management to support the community. You might not always see things happen fast on your side but there's a lot of very positive things happening in the background which will make a real difference. There are obviously many teams involved, we're working as fast as we can to deliver what you deserve.
Message 137 of 231

jonsie
  • 94012 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Good to hear and thanks for clarifying. Excuse the shaky writing...been on a birthday bash:smileyhappy:

Message 138 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

It's not part of your contract. You weren't 'hooked' into anything. If you can get good reception and a better deal from a different provider, then do so. Do you think no one knows about EE? Is that why you posted the link?

Yes it was used as a selling point to hook me in.

Yes I did post the link because like I said this has really miffed me off, and like you said I will get a better signal, so there are a lot of pro's for leaving.

Message 139 of 231

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

A lame excuse to spam on behalf of EE! Smiley Indifferent

You'll have to do better than that.

Lets face it, its O2 that really need to treat their customers better one of which is me.

Message 140 of 231