Did you mean: 

No signal even though I get coverage ‘O2-UK’ in the uk

Pete19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,
I’m contacting you in relation to my o2 service. It’s quite a stage one as it only happens when I leave the uk. It happens every time I cross the boarder into the Republic of Ireland and has also happened when I was in the Isle of Man this past summer. My phone service completely stops stating ‘No Service’ for the whole period until I am back in NI of England etc. This isn’t anything to do with the roaming or data. My phone doesn’t receive phone calls, texts or anything. Completely useless unless I can connect to WiFi. I genuinely don’t understand it as I have even bought another iPhone and the same thing has happened (‘No Service’) which I believe it wouldn’t. Leading me to believe that it is not a hardware problem at all but a carrier problem.
I would be in Dublin quite a number of time a year but this problem is extremely irritating. My coverage used to work until my phone was stolen and received a new SIM card with the same number. Could this possibly be the reason, and that maybe a change if SIM card (not number) is the simple solution to the problem?
It’s a highly annoying rigmarole I have to go through when I can only use WiFi.

*i did go to an o2 shop and they said it was a simple solution of turning on data roaming which was switched off. This however did not work and my phone continues to state ‘No service’.

Kind regards,
Pete
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pete19 this is not O2 you are talking to. This is a customer forum. You need to call customer service or pop into your local O2 store to get a new sim & they will change it for you. Usually when abroad you need roaming switched on or use a local

SIM card if you have an unlocked phone 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pete19 this is not O2 you are talking to. This is a customer forum. You need to call customer service or pop into your local O2 store to get a new sim & they will change it for you. Usually when abroad you need roaming switched on or use a local

SIM card if you have an unlocked phone 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Call customer service to check if there is a roaming bar on your account.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Tour phone is on manual network selection.
Go into network settings and change it to auto.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Pete19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you three for your help. Will get in contact now (or during normal working hours)
Tried that MI5 but it is already on auto.
Apologies for putting it on this board and not going to customer service first.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your very welcome @Pete19 we are here to help

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No worries @Pete19

To my mind it points to a roaming bar so unfortunately I think you need to call them.

Message 7 of 7