Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Susie2161
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a strong internet and my phone is connected but all of the aps say "No internet connection".  I didn't notice this until I ran out of data for this month and now cannot connect to the internet until this is topped up next month, as I don't want to pay for additional data when I should be using the internet.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Does anything else connect to your home broadband and is that working @Susie2161 ?
You might need to forget the WiFi connection on your phone, restart it and then make the connection again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 19

Susie2161
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, yes everything else in the house is working, and I have tried restarting my phone and resetting the internet and it still doesn't work.

Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145172 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@Susie2161 

OK, I understand the issue now, there is a difference between mobile data and wifi, so that was my confusion.

When you try to connect to wifi, go to Settings >Wi-Fi and see if you are connected. You should see a tick next to your Wi-Fi  ssid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 19

Susie2161
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes there is a tick there. All settings appear to be correct, 

Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 145172 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@Susie2161 

I suggest you speak to Apple to run a diagnostic check.

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 19

JoMo19
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you manage to get this sorted? I’m having the same issue now over 20hrs. Everything else works on my wifi in the house but my phone won’t connect. Even turning this off to use 4G I’m not able to use most apps. I’ve removed my wifi connection and set up again, doesn’t work. Have turned off/on. Reset network settings, and still barely able to use my phone. I had a little similar issue last summer whilst moving from a Virgin to O2 but only a few hours not this long. Not even much use when I popped out my house earlier too, and struggling to get hold of someone in O2 

Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 145172 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@JoMo19 

Same advice as to @Susie2161 above.

Also, if still using your Virgin sim card, it's worth popping into your local O2 store for a free swap to an O2 sim. Take photo ID with you.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 19

JoMo19
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I spoke to apple, I’ve updated my phone since and still the same so definitely feels more an O2 issue. I’ll follow up and check which sim is still on the phone 

Message 18 of 19

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1527 Solutions

If you go outside and move well away from your house does data work on your phone. If it does then there is nothing wrong with O2

If you come back home and the phone connects to your home broadband but you can't get data then it is either a phone or WiFi configuration problem.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 19 of 19