cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 Boostbox installation issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning

I have been having issues with my O2 signal in our new home and so the account team have supplied a Boostbox (aka alcatel lucent 9361 v2).

I connected this up yesterday via a Belkin N600 DB router and after 24hrs the signal light is still flashing. I have tried a number of ports, a reset or three and moved the router around the house but all have had no impact.

I have been waiting for this solution for around 1month now and so now I am rather frustrated that it doesnt appear to work.

I have read a number of posts on forums around static IP addresses and so I am reaching out to see if any one has also had this challenge?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

skiperoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone had any luck with this? I'd be interested to know how to contact O2 tech support. Trying to do the same thing here as a private customer with a second hand 02 boostbox. Many thanks....

@perksie tagging you in case you heard back!

Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Business consumers only I'm afraid for boost boxes and customer services will not be able to help you as a consumer.

I'm not sure they still even provide boost boxes in favour of wifi calling

Message 12 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@jonsie 

They are still available according to :-

Boostbox guide | Help & Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/boostbox-guide?osr=signalbooster

Given that it mentions "home" in a couple of places, that webpage could be considered to be a little misleading !

Message 13 of 14

skiperoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK I just wanted to update from my experience... unfortunately I hit a dead end as we all suspected. I swapped a few emails with the BoostBox team directly and this is what I learnt....

1. The BoostBoxes were a business-only product, though a few lucky private customers managed to get one hooked up in the past (VIPs, others that had complained about coverage, historic promotions).

2. O2 discontinued them altogether in July 2023 and will no longer provision a BoostBox to any new customers incl. business.

So it's now a legacy, business product. The BoostBox team will support existing customers but that's that.

HOWEVER OFF THE BACK OF THIS.... a few other things.

My family phones are all from GiffGaff. A few people suggested that I MAY get better coverage with an O2 contract... whilst GiffGaff use the O2 network it may be that they get a limited bandwidth vs. O2 proper. I will try switching and report back here.

By the way there is an 'unpublished' offer available from O2 if you phone sales and ask for it... £7.99/month for 15GB data and unlimited calls / texts on a 12-month contract. That's better value than GiffGaff.

ALSO I was unaware that 'wifi calling' (where a mobile phone will connect to a wifi network for calls and texts) is an option for iPhones 6 and up. I thought it was just the newer ones. I understand there is an option in the O2 website (account setup) and then a further option in phone settings. Both need to be selected. This may end up being a better solution for me after all. GiffGaff don't allow wifi calling so that's another reason I decided to switch.

Hope helpful.... but with regard to setting up an old BoostBox, and despite the fact they appear to be on-sale still / ambiguous wording on the O2 website, I have given up.

Message 14 of 14