cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 Boostbox installation issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning

I have been having issues with my O2 signal in our new home and so the account team have supplied a Boostbox (aka alcatel lucent 9361 v2).

I connected this up yesterday via a Belkin N600 DB router and after 24hrs the signal light is still flashing. I have tried a number of ports, a reset or three and moved the router around the house but all have had no impact.

I have been waiting for this solution for around 1month now and so now I am rather frustrated that it doesnt appear to work.

I have read a number of posts on forums around static IP addresses and so I am reaching out to see if any one has also had this challenge?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry I can't be more help, if O2 were to release these to non-business customers, no doubt we would have them all figured out by now.

I imagine O2 will only help if you're using an O2 router.

Let us know if you manage to sort it out.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I found this on the Boostbox support pages here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=425,E=0000000006518665951,K=8655,Sxi=2,Prob...

which might help:

Most Broadband routers support UPnP (Universal Plug & Play) and so will not require any configuration to work with O2 Boostbox. However if your router is more complex or doesn’t support UPnP, you may need to setup port-forwarding on your router’s firewall.

The ports required are:

• 50 (TCP/IP)

• 123 (UDP)

• 500 (UDP)

• 4500 (UDP)

Due to the large number of routers on the market, O2 cannot provide support for specific configuration on your router. We recommend contacting your ISP or router manufacturer for help with port-forwarding. You could also use online guides such as portforward.com

* * O2 does not accept liability from the use of third parties or their software.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for taking time to respond. I have tried (accurately I think!) to carry out the steps but I fear it is still not allowing the Boostbox to work. If you have any further suggestions that would be great.

I will try this tomorrow in another router at another house (which uses the same provider) to determine where the road block could be. it could just be that I have not set the IP address correctly.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry I can't be more help, if O2 were to release these to non-business customers, no doubt we would have them all figured out by now.

I imagine O2 will only help if you're using an O2 router.

Let us know if you manage to sort it out.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update for any one monitoring this. I have the Boostbox being seen by the O2 tech team and so the static IP was required. However, still no 3G as the @ light just keeps flashing...............

More to come tomorrow.

Message 5 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks for the update.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump slight_smile

Did you manage to get your problem resolved? I have the same problem with a Netgear router and the same model of O2 boostbox. Out of interest, how did you get the O2 boostbox configured with a static ip address?

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suffering from same issues. Any one managed to solve this?

I have set up port forwarding (on TCP50, UDP123,500 and 4500) Inbound/Outbound to my boostbox static IP and I have uPNP turned on in my router and it now has a static IP address assigned to the Boostbox. And I have reset Router, the Boostbox etc. No luck in connectivity. 

Only other option worth trying is open up my inbound firewall in my router to see if that connects it up - something that I am loathe to do!

Any thoughts?

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can find out what the MAC address of the boostbox is (I did it by finding which devices are connected and eliminating the ones I knew) and ask the router to permanently assign an IP address everytime the MAC address connects.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same problem setting up on Home Hub 2a, tried all of above with no joy - still flashing after 12 hours!

Any suggestions gratefully received?
Message 10 of 14