Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number transfer

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello I am a new customer transferring from TalkTalk keeping my number. I have set up an account and I have provided a PAC number etc. I received new sim 1st August and told it would activate 6pm next day.

This hasn't happened.  

I would appreciate any advice.  I have left my previous sim in. Taken it out tried the 202 in the new o2 sim and nothing.

Thanks.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TallTrees
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Started transfer from TT to O2 30th July 2018 ~ Sim came quickly but information and transfer was very confusing and slow, made several calls to O2 without any success.

Fortunately checking myo2 account saw a bill and at top of page a new mobile number and then called Customer services 202 as I now had a working number. o2 didn't inform me about this at all.

After speaking to Annie at customer services 202  ~ I was "unstuck"  (or was at the back of the queue!) 

Thursday 9th August received a text message from o2 to say We'll set you up on our network on 10/8/2018. Please switch off your phone on the port date until 6pm (Thu 12.51)

Friday 10th August I received a text message from o2  to say We're all set to move your number to us today. It'll be completed by 6pm. When your phone stops working turn it off and on to get it up and running

(Fri 10.21)

Did what asked ~ it was working as stated.

Comment~

because I was a transfer from TalkTalk (TT not wishing to continue with their Mobile Service) a deal was struck between TT and o2 ~ it is possible that the transfer may not have been as smooth as it is usually.

10 days to get sorted seems very long.

However, I am now officially an o2 mobile phone customer.

Glad it is all over and pleased to join.

Phone is working perfectly with my transferred number. Checked it all out this morning ~ 11th August.

Thank you all for your comments/guides and offers of further assistance.

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TallTrees have you tried rebooting your phone with the new SIM card in it? 

Message 2 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Hi @TallTrees O2 help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number and contact details for O2 here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You need to chase it up with them please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Yes today several times.  However, the TalkTalk sim is still active ~ I understood this would not be active if the transfer was complete. Thank you for your help

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello MI5 ~ Thank you for the links ~ I have been looking for chat or contact us with little success, so will get going on this too. Thank you

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 36

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions

The old sim will turn off when the process starts. It can start anytime upto 9.00pm tonight.
Swap sims and reboot a few times at the point the old sim switches off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

These pages are good and I have visited them ~ seem to go round and round.  

I thought that it was just going to take long.

I was told to put o2 sim in and text 202 (well obviously no signal so no good)

I tried that from my T.T. number (unknown)

I read that in my sim pack would be a temporary number (no number I could find)

I so have a sim serial number.

I will continue to try every source available 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 36

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Your O2 sim has a number attached to it but you don't need it for anything.
Just wait for the process to start and wise to chase them up to make sure it's going through OK.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Thank you MI5 ~ your advice is sound.   The "wise to chase up to make sure it's going through" is what I thought too and was trying to achieve this  ~ just to get that info would be comforting! There is no spot on myo2 that has that kind of info.  so I am "in the dark" so to speak ~ for the time being until I can get o2 to confirm it is happening at some time. Thanks TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 36

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Live chat if you're feeling brave or call from a landline or your old mobile on the 03 number http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 10 of 36