Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number transfer

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello I am a new customer transferring from TalkTalk keeping my number. I have set up an account and I have provided a PAC number etc. I received new sim 1st August and told it would activate 6pm next day.

This hasn't happened.  

I would appreciate any advice.  I have left my previous sim in. Taken it out tried the 202 in the new o2 sim and nothing.

Thanks.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It won't be before Tuesday but you should have received a text to the number you are keeping if it is going through OK.
The text will tell you the date of transfer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

UPDATE August 7th

Speaking to Annie at Customer Services ~ apparently I have been stuck! in the system she is sending my details to IT and they should complete the transfer 1 - 5 days ~ and unstick me!

She was helpful and said she would keep a look out and telephone/text when it is to be activated on 

to o2 system.

Thank you all for your support messages.

I hope to give you good news before too long that I am an o2 mobile customer!

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 22 of 36

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Good luck.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Thanks, I am even wishing myself "good luck" now!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 24 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi ~ I looked on my account today and saw "a bill" eek ~ so I thought better put sim in and behold

the sim worked, but only with o2 temporary number ~ this number was put on top of account page 

so I knew what the number was then. 

~ that's ok.  tried texting  SWAP  (as instructed on card) no good but told ring 202 Customer Services and

went through detail PAC code and various other things then ~ 

202 said will be in progress from tomorrow (i.e. both sims are now working) but one will stop other

will have my TalkTalk number (hopefully!) well I gave 202  all the details so here's hoping.

Will let you know later!  TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 25 of 36

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
That sounds more promising slight_smile
When your old TT sim turns off the process to switch your number to the new O2 will start. \you need to reboot the O2 sim a few times until it comes online.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Thank you ~ I will do that. It does sound good, will be trying to get all completed tomorrow. Rebooting regularly until finally getting it working. I have got a working o2 sim and a working TT sim !
Thanks ~ TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 27 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Started transfer from TT to O2 30th July 2018 ~ Sim came quickly but information and transfer was very confusing and slow, made several calls to O2 without any success.

Fortunately checking myo2 account saw a bill and at top of page a new mobile number and then called Customer services 202 as I now had a working number. o2 didn't inform me about this at all.

After speaking to Annie at customer services 202  ~ I was "unstuck"  (or was at the back of the queue!) 

Thursday 9th August received a text message from o2 to say We'll set you up on our network on 10/8/2018. Please switch off your phone on the port date until 6pm (Thu 12.51)

Friday 10th August I received a text message from o2  to say We're all set to move your number to us today. It'll be completed by 6pm. When your phone stops working turn it off and on to get it up and running

(Fri 10.21)

Did what asked ~ it was working as stated.

Comment~

because I was a transfer from TalkTalk (TT not wishing to continue with their Mobile Service) a deal was struck between TT and o2 ~ it is possible that the transfer may not have been as smooth as it is usually.

10 days to get sorted seems very long.

However, I am now officially an o2 mobile phone customer.

Glad it is all over and pleased to join.

Phone is working perfectly with my transferred number. Checked it all out this morning ~ 11th August.

Thank you all for your comments/guides and offers of further assistance.

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 28 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks for that comprehensive report @TallTrees Should be called 'when things get complicated'...tongue_winking

Anywa,y pleased you are here at long last and welcome to the madhouse Forum Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there Cleoriff ~OOoo don't know about that!  

However, managed to navigate transfer maintaining dignity and keeping head. 

Thank you for your welcome to the madhouse Forum.

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 30 of 36