Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number transfer

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello I am a new customer transferring from TalkTalk keeping my number. I have set up an account and I have provided a PAC number etc. I received new sim 1st August and told it would activate 6pm next day.

This hasn't happened.  

I would appreciate any advice.  I have left my previous sim in. Taken it out tried the 202 in the new o2 sim and nothing.

Thanks.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

I was told to put o2 sim in and text 202 (well obviously no signal so no good)

@TallTrees 202 is the customer service number to call, but only from an O2 sim. You cannot send a text to that number.

If your issue still hasn't been resolved, call customer service using the link above. Either borrow a phone from someone to call, or if you have Skype you can call for free on 0800 032 1402.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi MI5 
 called 03 number customer service ~ told me I do need a temporary 02 number.  The order has not been fully completed!  With my Sim (I guess) I should have had paper-work, there was none.  No matter....  I was told that I will get paper-work in the post with the temp number!  May be activated Monday! I will post here how things go. 

Thank you for your suggestions of help and contacts etc., 

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hello Thank you for your help.
I called the 03 number for customer services. I received a blue card with sim with instructions on it i.e. text SWAP to 20220 but I am a transfer customer. Was told that I should have had paperwork with the card ~ none so nothing made sense. However, custom.Ser. said will get paper-work and temporary number in post....so there is hope! At least I know it is in the pipe-work. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
All they need is the serial number that is printed on the sim card. They really are making this hard work for you mate.
However, it's too late now to get it processed before Tuesday at the earliest!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi MI5 I thought it was hard work too!
Yes + I did give someone the Serial number ~when setting up. As long as I can get this organized next week ~ I will be ok. As you mentioned need to keep in touch to make sure it is being progressed ~ and it was not being progressed.
Thank you for your support...TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 15 of 36

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Best of luck mate.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @TallTrees, let us know when you make any progress with this and if you get stuck with anything? Welcome to our community! slight_smile

Cheers for your troubleshooting @Anonymous, @MI5 and @Bambinothumbsup

Message 17 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi Marjo ~ Thank you.  As of today Tuesday Aug 7th I have no communication from o2 regarding my transfer to o2 Mobile, keeping my mobile number.  Really surprised, don't know where else to go to ask.  I wonder how long it normally takes, as led to belive it would be only a couple of days.  TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 18 of 36

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The process won't start until O2 have all the details they need. You need to call them again to get the process kicked off.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 36

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
ok no problem, I have opened an account, given them my pac and mobile number and the o2 sim ref number ~
they sent me in a packet. I have telephoned them Friday and they said active Monday.
But you are correct something is not right....will ring now. Thank you TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 20 of 36