Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Dependent Battery Discharge

AlanNP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10. When I'm at home I can charge it to 80% and, in three days, the level will fall to about 20% and I charge it again. When I stay at my friend's house the level falls to less that 20% after one day. The only Bluetooth pairing I have is with my hands free car kit, which is switched off when I am in the house and out of range anyway. I don't make more calls than usual when I'm staying with my friend. Can anyone explain what is happening to my battery's energy and, better, how I can stop it?

Alan.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Is the cellular signal at your friend's house a bit weaker than at yours, @AlanNP? Sounds like your phone might be hopping between masts when there - or some other device in your friend's home is making the phone scan more aggressively for a good signal... Just my 2p'orth 🤔

Message 2 of 16

AlanNP
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, the signal at my friend's house is terrible so that could be the explanation. I've reported it to O2, beyond that there's not much I can do about it,

Alan.

Message 3 of 16

pgn
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

That could be it, alright, @AlanNP. if you download O2's My Network app from the relevant app store for your phone, you can quickly report it every time you are there. I take it your friend's phone is on a different network from yours, so not an issue for them. Thanks for coming back, and you are welcome. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Message 4 of 16

AlanNP
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brainiac,

As far as I know the signal is bad for everyone in the  village.

I've downloaded the app but I'm having a bit of trouble working out how to report a  weak signal. Were you referring to the automatic signal monitoring capability or do I have to do  something?

Alan.

Message 5 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@AlanNP 

You just ensure that the Measurements Options under "my experience" is set to Allow, and then it will feed back to o2 issues in your area.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 16

pgn
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Brainiac, you noticed!

@madasaf1sh said it - and my Android version lets me test the speed of my VM broadband too, so knock your phone off your friend's WiFi to run a Speed Test on O2's signal (under the hamburger top-left), and take it from there:

Screenshot_20220430-175626.png

Brain the size of a planet, and they ask me about running an app... 😂

Message 7 of 16

AlanNP
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

madasaf1sh,

Thanks, that's set up now,

Alan.

Message 8 of 16

AlanNP
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brainiac,

Thanks, I've run the speed test at home. I'm not sure how to interpret the results or send them to O2,

Alan.

Message 9 of 16

pgn
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

My app is not letting me sign in, the SMS or email "request your password" link is taking an age...

Screenshot_20220430-183322.png

It does not *need* you to sign in to use the app. You can take a glance at the "FAQ" beneath the 'hamburger', I guess.

The web version is described here, if that helps for now: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Message 10 of 16