cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LU underground?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I thought I would share the saga of trying to get wifi on London Underground courtesy of O2- not a happy tale!

Previously, I was with Orange and LU wifi worked prefectly. I moved over to O2 in June and was delighted to see that they joined the wifi scheme in July. Great, I thought, I can work on the move like I used to. Mistake.

I have NEVER been able to sign in and made numerous calls to "technical support" and "gurus" which frankly are sapping my will to live. My O2 wifi and every other wifi works perfectly, so the problem is clearly that O2 will not authenticate.

I spoke to a particularly unpleasant your man this morning who reckons the whole thing is my fault and that I need to contact Virgin wifi! What exactly is the point of porting over a number to O2 if they can't be bothered to look after it?

Moreover, I know this is a new service, but am I really the only person that this has happened to? There must be a solution to this, but O2 are really trying hard not to give it!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My issue may be a slight variant of the OP's, here it is:

I joined o2 in october 2014 from orange and ported over my number. My port in was odd in that it seemed that i owned two mobile numbers for several days after i should have done, and while i was in this limbo i signed up to o2 wifi on the original MPN( a mistake now i see). Now i am on my original number which I had while on orange, where i used the number to access their london underground wifi service succesfully.

Now, whenever i try to access the o2 portal to the underground wifi with either phone number 1(preport) or number 2(post port) I cannot access it and get the following error:

'LOOKS LIKE THIS DEVICE IS REGISTERED TO A DIFFERENT NUMBER ON O2 WIFI WE'VE SENT A TEXT WITH MORE DETAILS TO THAT NUMBER'

This text never arrives- i dont know if this is because i no longer have possession of number 1 or not, but given that i get the error for both numbers im tempted to believe there is something else going on. I stumbled across this post as it was similar in having come from orange, but having consulted people in orange, virgin and o2 i am nowhere closer to a resolution, hence i wanted to get in touch with someone who had managed to solve the issue.

If anyone is able to help i would greatly appreciate it.

Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey! did you figure it out? I have exactly the same issue so would appreciate advice.thanks!

Message 32 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 33 of 33