Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Number

mynameismyname
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got an invalid number call. (Land line Liverpool 0151) Pretty sure it was a robot voice. Asked about accident i was innocent in,  I said WTF. They hanged up immediately. Number is invalid as also reported on Skype using phone out to test. 

Where can I report this number?

So I don't get something like this
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/27/new-phone-scam-leaves-victims-with-300-bills-for-calls-t...

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@mynameismyname all help here including action fraud website 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Just block the number on your phone too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@mynameismyname all help here including action fraud website 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Just block the number on your phone too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@mynameismyname You can't stop these calls. They come from a different number every time. If you don't recognise the number, don't answer the call, block the number, and keep an eye on your phone bill. That's about all you can do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

mynameismyname
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, I am just amazed that someone can fake a  number. If that's possible how can they then not fake any number of a customer?

Or is only possible with land line numbers?

I usually block and look up on the web but this time nothing came up. So I tried searching several times thinking  i misstyped. 

Then checked with skype so I could make sure I got the correct number. 

With dual factor authentication these days on many sites,  it would appear it is kinda important that no one can fake stuff. OK that's incoming on your number but above doesn't make me confident. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They are auto dialers on computers which they can make anything show on your phone.
These people aren't interested in scamming you for money in the way you have linked to though, they are just chasing compensation business where they take a hefty cut from any awards they win for their customers. Same with the PPI calls.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@mynameismyname Many of the calls originate from numbers abroad. They have the technology now to spoof the numbers to make it look like they're coming from the UK. These vermin are very resourceful.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@mynameismyname Many of the calls originate from numbers abroad. They have the technology now to spoof the numbers to make it look like they're coming from the UK. These vermin are very resourceful.

Absolutely correct.  I have been a victim since 2016.  I cannot answer my landline unless I know the number.

I have caller display.  The phone is on answer if someone wants to speak to me they can leave a message and that works ok.  Numbers look like my local exchange too (amazing) I never answer, if I do by mistake, it seems as if they swarm in on this and keep ringing for several days, I never answer then and the phone calls stop.

Now I only use my Mobile Phone, I have taken the advice of the o2 community to bar certain calls and of course premium calls on my Mobile. 

It looks as if this scam calling is worse now, need to be on guard.

Good luck and stay alert.  Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 7