Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International travel

Vari
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter is travelling to oz/nz for 4 weeks to visit family. I want to be able to get in touch with her/let her get in touch with me esp while travelling, but I don’t want to pay £6/day. Current monthly new bill is 11 days into her travel. I would cancel it for a month but can I do this half way through two separate bills? Im assuming her dad will buy her an oz/nz pay as you go sim so she’s contactable over there. Best option? Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124258 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Vari 

Make sure you both have Messenger or Whatsapp installed. You can then  stay in touch via chat over Wifi free of charge.

She will only pay £6.00 for the days she uses O2 Travel. Check this Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 124258 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Vari 

Make sure you both have Messenger or Whatsapp installed. You can then  stay in touch via chat over Wifi free of charge.

She will only pay £6.00 for the days she uses O2 Travel. Check this Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 124258 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Vari 

Just to add, you can't cancel any part of her contract for a month. Even if she uses a local sim that's irrelevant, You signed for a contract so are bound by the terms and conditions.

Also be aware a single text will trigger the O2 Travel bolt on but then she can use her calls and data for that day.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3