Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVA

Mikbrown94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had my IVA application accepted today and o2 was listed as one of my creditors. I’m confused regarding the next step of my monthly mobile contracts, do I keep using the sim as normal and just pay monthly for the tariff, or will the sim get cut off so I’ll need to go pay as you go? I’ve spoke to o2 but no one seems to know the next step.
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, sorry, if you are up to date now you'll need to ensure the airtime payments are maintained.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Mikbrown94 If you have outstanding bills, O2 will restrict your service until they are paid off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Mikbrown94
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am upto date with all payments and never missed one, but am struggling with my overall finances which is the reason why I went into an IVA. I haven’t been cut off as of yet which why I’m wondering if the tariff is still active and will still have to pay monthly for this as I’m assuming the IVA payments just cover the handset.
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, sorry, if you are up to date now you'll need to ensure the airtime payments are maintained.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Mikbrown94
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your quick replies 👍🏻
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Best of luck....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Mikbrown94
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. Also, would I be able to terminate the tariff as you’d think with the IVA that both handset and tariff wouldn’t be included, sort of giving it a clean slate.
Message 7 of 17

Mikbrown94
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would not wouldn’t **
Message 8 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Mikbrown94  You would have to speak to customer service, but I wouldn't think that you would be able to just terminate the tariff. You would probably have to pay off the remainder of what you owe. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 17

Mikbrown94
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Bambino. It’s frustrating that no one from o2 seem to know what an IVA is and can’t give me any advice.
Message 10 of 17