cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Home Broadband/Home Phone Archive) so how do i get my emails now ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what do i have to do to get may o2 emails and do i need to change my o2 email address ?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

bLOODY CRAZY, KNOWN 02 WERE STOPPING BROADBAND, BUT NO ONE WARNED US EMAILS WOULD VANISH INTO THIN AIR. WHAT A LET DOWN,  i BEEN WITH 02 SINCE THEY FIRST STARTED

Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes.no email access.no advice,WTF?if prob is not resolved no more o2 for me

Message 12 of 31

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

bLOODY CRAZY, KNOWN 02 WERE STOPPING BROADBAND, BUT NO ONE WARNED US EMAILS WOULD VANISH INTO THIN AIR. WHAT A LET DOWN,  i BEEN WITH 02 SINCE THEY FIRST STARTED

Well the closure of email was announced shortly after the announcement of transfer of BB to Sky, and you should have email notification, unless you have gone with the transfer to Sky in which case you should be able to access your email via POP using a standard email client or using another service such as Gmail or Outlook to pick up your O2 mail. I've just tested and that's still working though it's due to shut down very soon.

This has been discussed extensively on here including what measures needed to be taken to preserve old emails that may have been archived.

My preferred method has been for gmail to pick them up and then tag them as O2 so the can be filtered and you then have a list of those contacts you need to update with a new email address.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Bambino, i have to take your word we got a warning e-mail, i cannot remember this. I would have expected more than a few e-mail warnings at regular intervals, leading up to the cut off. That most definately never happened.

But the main puzzling thing for me is, A web provider that doesn't have e-mail?????? seriously?

You couldn't have been using your O2 mail much if you only just realised today that it's gone, seeing as this has been known about for the last seven months.

What do you mean web provider? O2 sells mobile phones and the ability to access the web through your phone. They provided free email when they were providing broadband to customers, but they don't do that any more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 31

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
What do you mean web provider? O2 sells mobile phones and the ability to access the web through your phone. They provided free email when they were providing broadband to customers, but they don't do that any more.

In fact they (O2) took over the email service from Genie who were the only way to get email onto phones in the days before smartphones with the email to text service before O2 ever went into Broadband.

My address is still the same genie username changed to O2.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 15 of 31

Bambino
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I'm sure you're correct, but whichever way they acquired it, it's dead in the water now. What I don't understand is this sudden realisation today by so many people that the mail service has been shut down. None of them could have been using it much if they didn't know it was gone until today. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 31

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It's not quite dead but webmail access seems to have gone totally.

It's still accessible by POP as I tested earlier, for a short while anyway.

I think the site redesign, which of course went live today may have something to do with the lack of webmail access. There was supposed to be some kind of migration for those using BB AIUI before the servers were shut down for good, but they should at least have been notified about the reduction in mailbox space to 20MB.

Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can still access O2 Webmail by using the link:

https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2/email/o2webmail

The link seems to have disappeared from the menu since they resdesigned the site, but it's still available for the mo.

Message 18 of 31

Bambino
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Well if you can still access your mail, get what you want to save off asap, as It won't be there for much longer. Set up an alternative email address like gmail or something similar, and notify the change to all in your address book.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't affect us as we knew about this long ago and moved to gmail addresses. As we use outlook we left the o2 accounts on and are still checked every time we check for new mail just in case we might have missed some one. Up to now we have not had a single notification  that the system would be shutting down on any of our six o2 accounts and if it wasn't for this forum we probably wouldn't be any the wiser now. So yes, I can see why some people are annoyed about this as it isn't very good practise by O2.

But why should they care, there getting shot of the BB business?

Message 20 of 31