cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Go near O2 Leases

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 leases are a rip offSmiley Mad. Do not go near themThoughful. I was told that after 12 months, they send you the newest latest phoneJaw-dropping. After 18 months with my phone, I had not seen another and so I called them upBang. They said they would send a new one, although the new lease would start again, which was fineHug. Nothing happened. Four month later, I called up to cancel my lease and get a PAC codePopcorn. After two weeks of holding for useless call centre operatives, I eventually got my PAC codeCrazy. Moving to EE was a breeze and I have never spent more than 5 minutes holding. My average with O2 is around 45 minutesConfused

After 2 weeks, I got a threatening letter from O2Evil for not returning my old phone, despite being told O2 would sent return shipping materials. A few days later I got the materials from them (after another 1 hour call):whistler:. This is a pre addressed envelope. I packed everything up but because I don't trust O2, I paid extra to get the package tracked. I am glad I did, because two weeks later I get a letter saying I am being billed £290+vat for not returning the phoneShocked. Fortunately I had a tracking number and therefore proof that they are either incompetant or just lieing theiving moronsSpaced.

I then had to make another long holding call to customer services Whistleto prove that they are useless. Once I gave them my tracking number and could prove it was their fault, they backed downAstounded.

Anyway, I hope the O2 saga is closed and I never have to deal with them again. I now pay less money a month to EE and I get:

10Gb, rather than 1Gb data

Unlimited calls and texts

4G+ data which has have speed tested at 41Mbps, as opposed to O2 3G at 500-700k.

No having to sit in hold queues for hours at a time. Hooray! Mexican Wave

Don't know

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A sorry tale, but even worse, not an uncommon one 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ok I jumped on this thread direct to mi5's post and by going by title and mi5's response I'm gonna have a mystical guess.
1. The phone was returned damaged even though it was perfect when packed. Or..
2. On returning a leased phone they never received it. Or....
3. They completely messed up the lease but keep insisting they will sort it, and it's been over a month........
Message 3 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Number 2 with a hint of 3
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes we've seen similar posts in the past 😄

If you feel strongly enough about your experience then perhaps make your issue more official here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Number 2 with a hint of 3

And I will jump in as well...and say probably all of them....

However, on a positive note (apart from you now being lease free) Your use of emoticons exceed mine...and that is very hard to achieve.... LOLJaw-dropping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6