cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capping my bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a text message saying that my next bill is going to be £130 (+ another £15 for my o2refresh), had the contract since August 2013 & have always struggled to use all of my allowances never mind go over them! Anyway my question is will o2 cap my bill for me after I pay this nonsense off? I dont understand  because if I'm getting near the end of my internet allowance they text me, so why not with my minutes allowance??

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 do not cap bills. You can keep track of what you're using if you view your account in MyO2. The link is at the top of this page, or you can download the app: http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 do not cap bills. You can keep track of what you're using if you view your account in MyO2. The link is at the top of this page, or you can download the app: http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be fair if you usually struggle to use you allowance then surely what you did different this time around should have rung alarm bells?

O2 won't cap as far as I'm aware but as suggested above the myo2 app is a great way of keeping up to date on usage.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 don't cap bills, unless roaming, and some self monitoring is needed. If you don't want to log into my O2 simply text balance to 21202 to get your remaining allowances. It's a free text.

You might want to consider Tesco which runs off O2 and they can cap your minutes.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

You could take a look in your myo2 to see if an alternative tariff is available if your reaching your allowance limits or O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus can take a look for you.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The lesson to be learnt here is "why" you have gone over so much.
Look in your My O2 for a complete bill breakdown and understand so you don't do it again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There must have been quite some overusage on the account and really, in fairness, the op should have had an idea that the limits were close to being exceeded. Harsh lesson learned.

Message 7 of 7