cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old O2 Thomson router now on Sky, problems with Windows Vista recognising password change

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to change the password on my router, which I managed to do through the o2wirelessbox.lan web page.  As soon as I apply this change it knocks out my internet connection and Windows Vista will not recognise the password change, rendering my connection unusable! Is there a certain order I have to do things to get Vista to recognise the new password?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once you change the password on the router you will have to forget the old wireless connection in Vista and re-apply it, entering the new password when you do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Once you change the password on the router you will have to forget the old wireless connection in Vista and re-apply it, entering the new password when you do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Also it's best to use an ethernet connection when making changes to the router settings.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 3