Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default (that’s not correct) stopping my mortgagr

Kelly33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m so stressed at the moment and really hope someone can help. My mortgage lender won’t continue with my mortgage in till o2 say my default is satisfied. On my credit report I have a default for £9 from 2019, I did not know anything about this not had any letters etc. after 4 hours on phone to o2 getting passed around they finally put me through to payments who found the account and confirmed that my balance is clear and u sure why I have a default. The lady emailed credit referrals a form which takes 7 days she said to respond. I also emailed them over 7 days ago and got no response when they say 3 working day response. All I need is an email confirming I don’t owe any money so I can show my mortgage lender. If this is not sorted by Monday I’ll lose the house I want. I really don’t know what to do. Can anyone help 🙏

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Katt
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Kelly, has this all been sorted? I am in the exactly same situation 

Message 11 of 23

Katt
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma, i am in the exact same position and need help 🤞🏻

Message 12 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

This morning it is @O2Sarah- on the roster @Katt so perhaps she can help?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 23

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Katt I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 14 of 23

Katt
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 15 of 23

NLMac
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am in the exact same

position can anyone please help. We are going to loose the sale of our house and the purchase of our dream home! I have exhausted all avenues I can think of! I am making myself unwell with worry. 

Message 16 of 23

NLMac
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please please please can you help me? I am in the same position and I’ve exhausted all avenues. It’s making me ill with worry. I simply just need some correspondence from o2. I’ve been waiting 5 weeks since my initial complaint and had nothing back. I can’t afford to wait a potential 3 more weeks. We are due to complete in 2 weeks. 
I just need o2 to write errors have been made on their behalf so I can pass this to my mortgage lender. 

Message 17 of 23

Fouad
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Kelly, I have now the same, has your problem been solved,

if so, please advise me what to do.

Message 18 of 23

Alimohi
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I am in the same exact situation with O2 putting an incorrect default on my account when I should have been refunded. 

please can someone help. I’ve emailed every one and called O2 for 4 weeks to rectify this.

Message 19 of 23

Meghant53
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma,

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have a default that was nothing to do with me and that when I called o2 back in 2021 they told me would be removed from my file. I am waiting to submit my mortgage application but they won’t let me until I have it in writing from o2 that the default was made in error. Thanks 

Message 20 of 23