cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC HSDPA

Anonymous
Not applicable

When can we get more details on where DC HSDPA has been enabled? Three have a fair good coverage map which tells you if their "superfast" mobile signals have been upgraded to DC HSDPA but there seems to be no way to find out on O2 website.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

o2 never say when a mast will be enabled in advance even for 3g so I doubt they will do it for dc but I bet they will list the areas that will get 4g launches

Ok thanks, I guess I need to look to switching to Three then; O2 3G coverage is crappy and slow and I was hoping for confirmation of improvements in the near future. I did try to google for this info but it seems like they really don't like to tell their customers much...

Message 11 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

well o2 have taken the ofcom coverage obligation lot and will in 2015 have the best indoor (98% population) coverage on 4g as required by ofcom but have stated as part of that will also make that for 3g and 2g.

No other network is bound by this level of coverage. Of com stipulated 2017 but o2 2015 as per the works started in jan 2011

I live in a rural area but o2 2g is the best around here for indoor coverage and most places have free wifi so data is not an issue.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi everyone,

I'll lock this thread now as lots advice and info has been provided by you all.

Also, please remember to be respectful of each other while communicating. If you find a reply that appears to be negative towards you or that you don't quite understand, use the 'report inappropriate content' link or send me a private message any time

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 13