cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will an 02 shop test it for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, a while ago i bought an 02 HSDPA usb stick.just until my phone co fitted a router,its been stuck in a drawer for ages,but im giving my laptop to my daughter who cant afford to go with our phone co. ive tried the hspda in the laptop and it just wont work..if i take it to the local 02 shop..will they test it for me ? or any ideas...apart from buy a new one lol...i cant afford to pay £32 for a dongle....and pay for a months internet for her. thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi fozz2012.

When you connected your dongle to the laptop did it attempt to load or install the O2 connection manager?

When was the last time you used it successfully?

Could you try the sim card in a phone to see if it connects to the O2 network?

Potentially my first guess would be that the sim has been deactivated due to inactivity - in some cases if it is within reasonable time customer services may be able to reactivate it.

If the connection manager fails to load / install it could be the dongle or an issue with your laptop settings / drivers.

Best suggestion would be to first check if the sim is still up and running, after that I would contact an O2 Guru, either online, on the phone or in store (if you are going in store make sure to book an appointment and take your dongle and laptop if possible).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi fozz2012.

When you connected your dongle to the laptop did it attempt to load or install the O2 connection manager?

When was the last time you used it successfully?

Could you try the sim card in a phone to see if it connects to the O2 network?

Potentially my first guess would be that the sim has been deactivated due to inactivity - in some cases if it is within reasonable time customer services may be able to reactivate it.

If the connection manager fails to load / install it could be the dongle or an issue with your laptop settings / drivers.

Best suggestion would be to first check if the sim is still up and running, after that I would contact an O2 Guru, either online, on the phone or in store (if you are going in store make sure to book an appointment and take your dongle and laptop if possible).

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2