Did you mean: 

Conference Call feature

Ray07
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get O2 to add Conference Call feature to my line? It would be very useful for working at home.

I have tried online help, visiting the high street store and phoning O2 Customer Services, where I couldn't get through to a real person.

Many thanks

Ray

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Ray07 

It has to be enabled by O2 https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Merge-Calls/m-p/1107340#M159359

All numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Ray07 

It has to be enabled by O2 https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Merge-Calls/m-p/1107340#M159359

All numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

O2Leyla
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 75 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Ray07, If you are a consumer customer this can be activated through customer services on 202 from your handset. Please note this is a chargeable service.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 9

Ray07
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5, that worked quickly once I got throught the IVR and spoke to an agent.

Message 4 of 9

Ray07
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2Leyla,

Many thanks for your response, very helpful.

This is how I think the charging would work for me:

Someone calling me would be charged to their account or use their inclusive call allowance.

I would put that call on hold and dial another mobile or geographic landline using my inclusive allowance.

Conference (or merge) the two calls and talk to both.

Message 5 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Ray07

The calls dont come out of your inclusive minutes but are charged at 15p per minute for all o2 customers
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 9

Ray07
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be clear I only want to merge two calls in this instance, but this is where O2 website might fall down.

According to O2:

All standard UK landline numbers start with 01 or 02, and all UK mobile numbers start with 07. Calls and texts to these numbers are included in your minutes and texts as part of your tariff. If you go over your allowance, you'll be charged at our standard UK rate.

There are some exceptions where you'll be charged for calling or texting 01, 02 and 07 numbers. For example, if the number is in Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, of if it's being used as a call forwarding service, you'll be charged extra.

According to that all calls to 01, 02 and 07 numbers wouldcome out of my allowance, it doesn't mention "except when merging calls"

I think with more people working from home it could be a more useful feature.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Relevant charges on the link I gave you in first reply @Ray07 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Ray07
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Just revisited this old post.

I've had Conference Call Access FOC for 2 years now and used it lots of times. Never been charged for either leg off the call, so each call must come out of my inclusive minutes

Message 9 of 9