Boostbox setup

JulianMobile
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I have poor reception in my basement, it was ok, but its just too unreliable now.

I have tried to set up wifi calling, but my phone, while it says it does wifi calling online, does not have O2 firmware, as I bought it independently, and so that is not an option, unfortunately.

So, I looked online at the information about a Boostbox, the only other solution:

Boostbox guide | Help & Support | O2

and so I bought a Boostbox.

The support pages say to call 202 to add someone and I spent over an hour on hold today, trying to do that.

The support pages also list the requirements for a Boostbox to work as:

"Your broadband must have an upload speed of at least 300Kbps (0.3Mbps) and a download speed of at least 2Mpbs."

Noticeably, despite what I was told before, the requirement to have a business account is not listed as a requirement on O2's website at all.

So, I have fulfilled all the requirements that O2 has listed on their website.

The Boostbox does seem to be working, now that I have made adjustments to my Router firewall rules to allow the traffic it needs through. The Boostbox has white lights, where they are needed.

I need to add my phone number to the box to get it working, I can't get hold of anyone when calling 202, does anyone have any idea how to get this working please?

Is there a number perhaps to get straight through to Boostbox to ask them to do what the O2 website says they will do if I call 202?

I have all the serial numbers and details for the Boostbox and the O2 numbers I would like to add, just no one to tell them to!

I would be very grateful for any help at all please.

Regards,

Julian

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

JulianMobile
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok - thank you.

Message 11 of 24

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@JulianMobile  I will send you a private message so we can look into this for you. 

Message 12 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147414 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

Was there a resolution to this @O2Sarah- @JulianMobile ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93403 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6991 Solutions
Message 14 of 24

JulianMobile
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all for your help.

After O2Sarah got involved, all went swimmingly and all my numbers seem to have been added and it is working really well. Great improvement and total cost £42!

Thank you to all at O2 who sorted this out too - good job.

Regards,

Julian

Message 15 of 24

Mervin
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Julian,

Did the person who sold you the boostbox have to register you or did you have to register your boostbox to your account?  Some further information as to how you managed to get this resolved would be very helpful.

I am struggling with customer services in registering a boostbox that I bought on ebay!

Message 16 of 24

skiperoo
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah I am in exactly the same situation... I have a second hand Alcatel 9362 enterprise cell v2.2 and would love to get this working. However I am only a domestic customer. Many thanks, Andy

Message 17 of 24

skiperoo
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah it is branded up as an O2 boostbox and I assume it is the business version. Thanks again.

Message 18 of 24

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7217 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1596 Solutions

There are no O2 advisors any more. They were withdrawn in the summer.

I doubt very much that you will be able to get your boostbox attached to your consumer account as O2 specifically say Busness and Enterprise accounts only.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 19 of 24

skiperoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah what a shame. Thanks for letting me know. It's frustrating as Julian (above) seemed to find an O2 contact who would help. Though I do understand what you are saying re business customers only... it seems that 02 may have helped him anyway on this occasion....

"

Thank you all for your help.

After O2Sarah got involved, all went swimmingly and all my numbers seem to have been added and it is working really well. Great improvement and total cost £42!

Thank you to all at O2 who sorted this out too - good job.

Regards,

Julian

"

Message 20 of 24