Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial direct.... HELP!!!

Shaunaxx231
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve recently discovered My mother who is 76 years old has a business contract with Aerial Direct.

Her bill this month was £201 and from July she has paid almost £500 in contract bills. She’s been in isolation since March and her only contact with family is by calling us. I contacted o2 today thinking that my mums contract was with them and to find out why she was charged this amount and they basically were of no help at all and told me to deal with aerial as it’s their contract. My mum has never received an email, or a bill or even a message from either o2 or aerial direct to say that she had gone over her 500 minutes allowance, she didn’t even know she had an allowance!!! I had to give the guy in the o2 call center my mums email address to send bills for the past 12 months as they hadn’t got her email.

I will be contacting aerial tomorrow as they have limited hours as it’s the holidays.

Has anyone any advice on how I should go about this as my poor mum was cold called and signed into a 36month contract that she really didn’t understand.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good luck
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Absolutely disgraceful selling tactics by these unscrupulous bandits

Hope you get this sorted @Shaunaxx231 

Message 12 of 17

Shaunaxx231
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So far I’ve had a 10 minute conversation with Julie who immediately tried to tie my mum into a more suitable contract.... all I have asked her for at the minute is the voice recording of my mum agreeing to the contract she is on... apparently that need a managers approval so she will call me back which was over 2 hours ago!!!

I called again and spoke to someone else who took all my details and told me there was no one at the desk to speak to atm and I would get a call back, she didn’t know what time the office closes or couldn’t help as she’s a receptionist and can’t access the account!!

Already banging my head off a brick wall as such!!
Message 13 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Stay with it @Shaunaxx231
Nothing's easy and "possibly"made difficult, to put you off. If it were me I wouldn't take a different option, stay focused. Your mother was sold a business contract.. it was mis-sold to a vulnerable elderly lady who is not requiring a business contract. Get the contract cancelled and her money restored...don't get side tracked.
This is all meant to muddy the water.
You want the mis-sold contract cancelled and her money restored.
Why write ? Everything in writing cannot be ignored, write to the top man/woman, you can do this along side phone calls, if you wish. Remember....the people on the phone are trained to put you off and will continue to put you off and this will be upsetting...don't be upset...
Stay strong, stay clear.
Stay firm, stay focused..
Best wishes and let us know progress..🙂

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Diversion tactics to drive you mad and hope you give up.
Stick with it and become a nuisance to them instead.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Shaunaxx231
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I definitely don’t intend on giving up, and no way will I be side tracked into anything other than the contract cancelled and my mum getting her money back- I will certainly write a letter this evening and have it sent first thing tomorrow recorded delivery.. 4 times I’ve called now and there seems to be no one to speak to other than a receptionist who can’t help, maybe because it’s “holiday season” they think I’ll go away that’s the opposite of what I intend doing!! Or maybe they have black marked my name so I can’t get through who knows but the fight will continue. Thank you all again for the advice and information it’s very helpful.
Message 16 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Well done👍
You will win...just stay focused and determined.
Stay strong....nothing is resolved in 5 minutes so one step at a time each step makes you stronger.
Best wishes...glad to help ...

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 17