cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sent my iPhone 5 off to recycle last week as I thought this would be easier than selling on eBay boy was I wrong. Phone was in good working order but received email today telling me they have revised my offer from 102 pound to 20 pound what an insult. Thay said due to damage on the screen non of which I could see when I sent the phone off. Please people do not use 02 recycle.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I narrowly avoided a similar experience, the 'guru' in store also quoted me £102 but I opted to sell mine on one of those facebook "sell or swap" pages for £160 in the end

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad that went well for you.

I also ask friends and family and colleagues first.
Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123522 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
What colour is it?

You must have some reason for askjing that @MI5 ?

I need a white/silver one tongue

And here was I...thinking you were going to give an explanation like.."well the so and so colour phone always has this problem with recycle" I should have known you wanted to add to your collection...Rolleys.......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123522 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like I narrowly avoided a similar experience, the 'guru' in store also quoted me £102 but I opted to sell mine on one of those facebook "sell or swap" pages for £160 in the end

That seems the best way to go from your experience then @Anonymous  Good for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used O2 recycle just over a year ago, and had no issues at all. Got the quoted price, as credit on my bill, within a few days...

Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to read a success story PhillPark

Adds a little balance. 😄
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Used o2 Recycle three times so far.

2x Iphone 4s and 1x Samsung Galaxy s4.

I used to sell my old phones on eBay but had so many problems I just ended up recycling them. Never had any issues at all and always got the prices I was quoted.

Message 17 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123522 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Used o2 Recycle three times so far.

2x Iphone 4s and 1x Samsung Galaxy s4.

I used to sell my old phones on eBay but had so many problems I just ended up recycling them. Never had any issues at all and always got the prices I was quoted.

As usual there are good stories mixed with bad experience. Glad it worked out for you @Anonymous slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The problem is that we only hear the bad experiences on here as a rule...thanks for sharing your good fortune.:smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't accept the offer I requested phone to be sent back right away. Im sure some people have had good experiences with O2 recycle but I felt I had to put what happened to me on hear as I felt it was a genuine decent phone in working order.
Message 20 of 23