Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 recycle scam

CJ1506
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I posted off a fully functional iPhone XS, I only upgraded as offer on recycle was same as upgrade price. Packaged properly and sent off special delivery, then I received email saying it’s damaged and value is 80% less as screen issues. I just got the phone back and the screen is all green now and distorted. Anyone else had these issues?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Absolutely nothing surprises me about O2 Recycle

Many such stories on the community pages

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@CJ1506 We had been led to believe that O2 Recycle were improving, but that doesn't seem to be the case in your instance. The only way to ensure you get the amount you were promised is to have photographic evidence of the condition of the device before you sent it off. Doesn't sound like you did that, unfortunately.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

CJ1506
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve used them before with no issues, however this time they have been awful. Unfortunately I did not take photos as fine last time. When I spoke to them on the phone, they said normally they have pictures/videos to show damage but they didn’t have these, even when they had emailed me to say it was damaged.
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

An expensive error to not have photos. @CJ1506, and a harsh lesson learned. Although we had heard that O2 Recycle had improved, your situation proves that to not be entirely true. We always suggest recycling through CEX or similar comapnies, who have better reputations than O2 Recycle.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@CJ1506 

You can always register a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Resolver usually gets good results and even if it comes down to your word against theirs, O2 will be aware of the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @CJ1506 

just a thought I suppose it is your phone with the correct IMEI number?

Sorry to hear your difficulties with o2 recycle.

Good luck best wishes. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 7