cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 has taken money from my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
On checking my bank account today I noticed I was into my overdraft. On checking further 02 had taken £273 from my account for a phone I no longer have placing me into my overdraft at a cost of £30. On calling to complain and have my money refunded I was told it was definately a mistake by them but the money would take 5 days to appear in my account. What am I to do over a weekend and how am I going to feed my family I asked. Basically the answer was TOUGH!! A complete and utter disgrace of customer service. I asked for compensation and was told to phone back again from an 02 shop tomorrow? If anyone knows how to complain officially in writing please advise.
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Complaint link here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
If it was an error your bank can reverse the DD immediately - give them a call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Complaint link here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
If it was an error your bank can reverse the DD immediately - give them a call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
DD guarantee is explained here https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Edit: everything covered by @MI5

Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hope you get this sorted by your bank in the morning. No money over weekend....do O2 care....no. contact your bank as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks complaint submitted. Im outraged at 02s response
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I doubt anyone would be happy. They should have told you that your bank can recall the payment though.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bear in mind that you are a stranger to any customer adviser and they are ok because they can feed and look after their family without worrying about you....

Message 8 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Bear in mind that you are a stranger to any customer adviser and they are ok because they can feed and look after their family without worrying about you....

that's a bit harsh, I've worked in a call centre, and it's hard to listen to all the sob stories but being powerless to do anything about it. it's amazing how many times someone's gran can die wink but yeah @MI5 covered it all. Your bank will refund you immediately.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I too have worked in call centres (3) but at the end of the shift I went home to my family and I've heard all manner of reasons and excuses from customers. Some are very genuine and you feel sorry but you can only do so much. You either pass it on to the relevant department or you follow it through if possible. I consider myself to be empathatic much more than is sometimes wise but at least I went home with a clear conscience that I did what I could to help people. It's just a shame that empathy, understanding and diligence seem to be sadly lacking with the modern day call centre staff. Yes there are exceptions but let's be honest, they are exceptions in every sense of the word these days.

Message 10 of 16